• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cheyanne 400 Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've got a good friend that flew one for awhile. He loved it. Really fast, I believe he said he usually planned for 320 knots, and I know that he's had the thing in the upper 30's going long range. They used to take the thing non-stop from DSM down into south Florida.

I was having trouble getting parts a few years back on the pay2 and xl. I never heard any negatives on the 400 but don't have time in that one.

If you are looking into acquisition, do some research. The props on that thing are worth more than the airframe so insurance can be tough to get at a reasonable rate.

I've got about 400 hrs in the LS back in the late 90's.

Its a beast!

Flies high and fast. Climbs like a home sick angel. IIRC Chuck Yeager set a time-to-climb record in one.

They'll tell you fuel burn is around 400 pph in cruise. But I never saw it, we usually saw 475 to 525 pph.

Had an impressive useful load too. We could put over 2,000 pounds of people on her and still carry enough fuel for a four hr trip.

The downside...

Maintenance... if you can find experienced, qualified mechanics and a supply of parts, bring a tube of KY and your checkbook...

Latest resources

Back