Chewed Out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes ... I agree.

I'm glad to see Rob Maruster moving into the COO position, and Dave back as President and CEO.

Russ did some good work getting the ramp to operate better in JFK, and in other areas as well, but I think he was promoted too high. He lacked the skills to run and build an airline.

He was better at keeping the ranks in line.

Best of luck to Russ in retirement.

Now that SWA is losing money and could shut down any day now, we might have a chance at survival.
:)

DW

hmmm, why would you say that?

Head out of the sand and vision.
Eureka now that makes sense and is so painfully simple. With your permission I will use this logic with my soccer team.
And it will go like this “Team to win the tournament you have to score more goals then the other team”
I let you know what they say.

Time2Spare

I wonder if Time2Spare is hosting a going away party for Russ Chew. He seemed to really love the guy a couple of years back.

Wonder what Time2Spare thinks of him now.

Astro

Russ seems like a very very nice guy, as well as very very intelligent. From meeting him, he seems like those really educated, 2 Phd Astronauts, who are "off the charts" when it comes to academic smarts.

That being said, I wondered about his "street smarts" after his briefing. He was the head of AA's "SOC" (System Operational Control) which runs the airline day to day from it's DFW center. He was giving us new Captains a "dog and pony" show about the effects of delay and cancellation decisions. Pretty good, but one example had us saying WTF?

He said a wide-body Captain had delayed a flight for a typhoon for 12 hours, cancelling 3 downrange flights, even though DFW said it was ok to "go" (of course). Russ says he goes to meet the CA at DFW on arrival with his "charts and graphs" showing he could go, and also that the AA VP of Flight (Chief Pilot of AA) came along too!
My classmate says "Why the $%^& di Chief XXX KKKKK come along!!! ?" Russ looked like a confused 1st grader, and couldn't understand why 10 Captains were telling him that was BS.

I wish him luck. For once a pilot moved up. He may have dropped the ball, but I think his heart was in the right place.

Latest resources

Back