• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jmmccutc said:
9.4 lbs.

9.0 for base white paint
0.4 for color stripe...

Interesting, thanks, I always wondered how much paint weighed, but I was just always to lazy to look it up.

My all time favorite is, "Why are you here for a checkride?"

Of many answers:

"I have completed all of the training requirements of part 61, have a properly endorsed logbook, am proficient in all areas of the PTS, and am prepared to demonstrate those items for you so that you may certify me as a xxxx pilot."

Among the worst answers: "Uhhh my CFI sent me."

I always liked asking them weather scenarios. Like, if the weather is xxx can we take off? Ok, if the weather is xxx can we fly through that airspace? Etc, etc.

The one my PPL instructor got me on a long time ago still makes me laugh. He pulled out a San Francisco sectional (or whichever one San Fran's on, I don't remember) and pointed to a black line in the middle of the Bay and asked what that was? I looked and looked and eventually gave up. Then he pointed out that it was the "I" in "Francisco." LOL, it was so easy to miss, but I felt really dumb afterwards. :) If anyone has one of those charts it'd be interesting to see if it's still printed that way.

Latest resources

Back