Check Ride coming up....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ed

I couldn't agree more, but the truth of the matter is you have not really lived until you have forgotten to retract the 40 degree flaps in a tired old 150, with two fat people on a warm day.

Breathtaking!!!! :eek:

Hung

Well the reason I was taught GUMP C SS is because my instructor assumed somewhere down the line, i would soon fly a complex aircraft of some sort. And in the direction I was headed and still headed, I eventually will end up in a C-172RG or Seminole, BE-76 or anything else complex. I don't see how this can be unprofessional....it is knowledge ahead. I was once quoted...there are two types of Pilots who will land planes....Those with landing gear and those without....from there I got the drift and could understand wht he meant. it is good practice. The likelyhood of you to forget to let the landing geardown is slim if you practice. If has happened...Just check Youtube.com....it's on there.
Good response. Picking up good habits early never hurt anyone. I was just worried that it is too much workload for a 172. Find out what the examiner you will ride with thinks about you using it in a fixed gear/prop aircraft. You don't want to get busted for using a checklist not represented by the POH.

Good luck!

Ranger3

Don't argue with the Examiner, he's not there to fail you. I once had an Examiner who wanted me to tell him a joke before the checkride and it helped to relax me and showed him as human. (no your momma jokes)

Best of Luck

Thanks guys, for the tips, I'll try those manuevers on a dry run before the exam....which is monday the 3rd....I've pushed my checkride back because I was hired with TSA...long process...Anyway here goes and I'll repost later.......

You know, EVERY examiner is a little different, therefore every exam experience will be different from the rest. Take mine for example.
My examiner is an old-timer with two hangars filled with Aeroncas, old pipers, wacos etc that he works on himself. Therefore, his "trip" was delving into systems and mechanics, and it turns out I knew very little about what he talked about, just the bare essentials.

Did I fail? Hell no, with only a few questions he knew exactly my areas of proficiency (airspace, aerodynamics, etc) and did not waste time on them. Instead, he wanted to point out my weaknesses and encourage me to learn more in these areas.

Everytime I missed a question he would go "Shame on you!" I'd get a sickening feeling when he'd say that but soon he told me to take him flying, and the rest is history.

Yes I did get a new solo endorsement.I forgot to mention that.......sharp eye that one has....oh and CRASH PROOF your avatar
freaks me out.....

Remember, you are the pilot-in-command during the checkride. Fly the way you were taught, don't change anything because it's the checkride and you think you need to be perfect. You don't need to be perfect. Take your time, be thorough on the checklists (make sure the examiner's seatbelt is fastened). And above all, relax. Most examiners are instructors at heart, they'll find something to teach you during your checkride.

And make sure you close your window before takeoff. Not that I know that from experience or anything.

Latest resources

Back