• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Check Badges!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
this is some BS. You should have chastised her for not giving you a chance to ask for ID (sounds like she was out to bust someone...a powertrip). Explain that you didn't want to be a dick and that common courtesy still applies to people. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but before you ask anymore questions, I need to see some identification." is a lot better than cutting someone off and saying, " I NEED TO SEE SOME ID, NOW!" Tell her to get a life and stop trying to ruin your life.
What legal action could come of this?! You didn't answer any security questions so what are they going to do? "umm, yes, this pilot wasn't doing the TSA's job for them, you should throw him in jail!"

Shoot, the other day at podunk airport, USA I was talking to a father and son (12 yrs old) for 30 minutes. Just about flying and the like. The dad always wanted to fly but could never afford it when he had the free time and now with a kid, he was reluctant to spend that much on pleasure for himself. His son however, was very interested in flying...yada yada yada. I took them both out to sit in the airplane. They were both very appreciative. They could have been TSA operatives...I guess I shouldn't try to share the joy of aviation with anyone anymore. GRRR! Now I'm all worked up.

Capn Lucky said:
Here's what you do... use your cell phone to call 911 before approaching the person. Tell law enforcement that you believe that there is an armed individual on the ramp with no id. That'll put a stop to these BS tests.

man, that would be so funny! I would love to see that!

If you were an FFDO, you could have stuck your .40 in her face and then asked for ID. She would have been too busy getting clean panties to bust your balls.

I fully intended to do so, but didn't want to be a prick by interrupting. Turned out she was TSA.

TSA- they have nothing better to do than harass us, and distract us from our duties!

Next time tell her to hold on for a second, call the airport police and tell them that she was intentionaly sneaking around the ramp and purposely hiding her ID. Push to have her taken to the police station and given the special terrorist treatment

Calling the cops about the "armed individual" may seem like a cool idea but I wouldn't mess around like that.

I see two ways of handling this. One: Ask, "Are you with the TSA? Because that would explain why you're not wearing your ID properly as you KNOW you should be in order to be here talking to me."

Two: "Ma'am, I'm very busy at the moment and I don't have tiime to do anything but tell you to put your SIDA badge where I can plainly see it as the law requires."

As you say either of these things, get out your cell phone and start dialing - the airport police if you know the number - but start dialing something.

The TSA and the FAA are not fooling around with this stuff! Be rude and impatient with them - there's really no reason to be polite AT ALL! Stick it to 'em! Lord knows that's EXACTLY what they'll do to you if you don't do it first.

TIS

TIS said:
The TSA and the FAA are not fooling around with this stuff! Be rude and impatient with them - there's really no reason to be polite AT ALL! Stick it to 'em! Lord knows that's EXACTLY what they'll do to you if you don't do it first.

TIS

TIS,

You have put it exactly as it needs to be said. They started their day intending to nail YOU with their little scam. There is a 99% chance that when you see someone on the ramp without visible ID, it's one of these government pencil monkeys trying to nail YOU.

Immediately get up in their face with threats to call the cops...turn their game around on THEM...dog them until until they show ID...don't leave them alone...be physically threatening...call rampers over to surround them.

They would hang YOU in a heartbeat...that's what they came to work today to do. And you are going to be polite ? If intimidation is good enough for them, it's good enough for you.

Polite ??? You must be kidding.

rumpletumbler said:
If they are gurls normally I throw them to the ground and sit on their back, rip their pants off while screaming "ID CHECK" Once I have a visual then I whip out my handy 'TSA vaginal comparison chart' which is kind of like one of those airplane silhouette charts they used in WWII. If there is a positive match then I release them and thank them for a job well done.

If its a guy then I just start speaking in tongues and run across the ramp doing a ballerina twirl every 20 ft or so until I can duck under a baggage cart.

LOL, that owns:)

Latest resources

Back