Cheapest Place For B-737 Type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wtf????

Actually, the cheapest way is to get a job with a reputable company who pays for you to go to training and then bid the 737. Does Airtran make its new applicants show up typed in the 717 and 737? You asked for the cheapest, but if your willing to pay, then what the others said.

rtmcc74 said:
If price is all you're worried about, there's one in Denver that's pretty cheap. However, you may not want to cut corners, as this is your potential career at stake. For what it's worth, HPA isn't the cheapest, but it's a great experience. Not only that, I truly feel that they provide a bit of an inside track to SWA (if that's your goal). For me, it was worth an extra $1400 to get the call 2 weeks after I finished. Granted, not everyone will have the same experience I did, but 5 out of 6 guys in my HPA class interviewed and were hired within 6 mos. It's a matter of doing the minimum, vs. doing the extra to set yourself apart. Regardless, good luck.

Flight Training Internationl
Shari Eagan, runs the whole deal. VERY nice lady, ask her about "Skanky Candle", she'll like it, trust me. :)

Cheapest prices, use the United training center, cheap food that's good, lots of places to eat and shop nearby (super walmart, etc), cheap hotel, great place.

Got the interview 6 months after the type. Higher Power seems to be a quicker track, averaging 60-90 days after type for interview call if you have 1,500 PIC turbine or more (seems to be the cutoff these days).

That said, I don't advocate pay for training. If the government hadn't paid for mine, there's no way I'd have done it.

Good luck to you.

p.s. To use AirTran for a 737 type is downright unethical, you should know better.

HPA does do a good job, but 4yrs later still no call from SWA! And yes I update my app every month. And yes I have gone to the HPA/SWA get togethers. But still not a peep.

Good luck

Aeroservice in Miami....it was 6500 for 737-300 and they help with room costs if you stay at the holiday inn.

aeroservice in Miami.

Plus, at HPA, you get to put on silly hats and costumes and preform a "skit" for Southwest HR when they come in on Friday. That alone is worth paying 8 grand for.

Get a job with an airline that has 737's. Spend the required amout of time there to make Captain. Bid Captain. Let them train you. You get the type and you get paid to do it.

Better than free.

A350

PS. This post was MOSTLY TIC.

If it does not matter where or how you get it, where is the cheapest place to get the 737 type? I have figured out who the top schools are in terms of training, but now I am curious who is the least expensive. Thanks.

Latest resources

Back