Cheap...uh, I mean less expensive King air recurrent training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

f-dawg

I have been doing a lot of contract work lately (since my real job went away) and I may have to pay for my KA-350/300 recurrent training out-of-pocket this year. Does anyone have any Idea who does the least expensive course?
Thanks in advance for the help.

I'm about to head to SimCom in Orlando for $4350.

Wherever you decide to go, make sure you tell them you are a contractor. They will usually cut the price.

U

Just make sure insurance companies will take "alternative" methods of training.

FlyRight Kingair training

I work at FlyRight, and as much as I wish we offered Kingair 300/350 training, we don't at this time. We do offer FAA and Insurance approved 200 and 90 training in a full-motion, Level-C simulator.

I completely agree with Diesel's suggestion to do your homework and make sure the insurance companies and your current/future employers accept the training program. Beware that some insurance companies are a bit "soft" on their requirements - if you are considering changing empoyers or insurers you should make sure that the training program is widely accepted (USAIG and Allianz, for example are a bit more conservative in their approvals).

Our experience is that the FAA review process is dramatically more intense (years vs. days). If it's FAA approved it's likely to be more comprehensive than an unnapproved program.

Id suggest Simcom. Its cheap and gets the job done for a recurrent. I wouldn't recommend them for an initial though.
I think FlightSafety does the best training, but you pay out the nose. So, Simcom is the next best.

Latest resources

Back