Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ilinipilot

Barely awake in Training
Just looking for help from the pilots in the Houston area if you all know of a cheap way to get from HOU to IAH.

Thanks
D

Just looking for help from the pilots in the Houston area if you all know of a cheap way to get from HOU to IAH.

Thanks
D

The last couple of years the only option is Super Shuttle and they will charge you around $25-$30 for a one way ride. There used to be a place called Texan Shuttle that would give you a crew member discount, but they are no longer around. I was commuting out of HOU about a year ago and that was the case then. I'm not sure if someone new has shown up that will give you a deal, but it was about $30 a year ago. You can ride the city bus for alot less but it takes about 1.5 hours and two or three bus changes. I've heard of some guys renting cars on priceline for $15 and just using that to get over, but there really is no cheap convienent way. It would be nice if there was a shuttle for $10 because then you could really use both airports for commuting.

Jumpseat to Austin, and then take SWA to Hobby. Just kidding. I took a shuttle 1 year ago from Hobby. I don't think it was Super Shuttle, but it cost like 23 bucks. Long ride. Maybe flying over to Austin and back is worth it!?!

Jumpseat to Austin, and then take SWA to Hobby. Just kidding. I took a shuttle 1 year ago from Hobby. I don't think it was Super Shuttle, but it cost like 23 bucks. Long ride. Maybe flying over to Austin and back is worth it!?!

Believe it or not, there are guys that actually do this. I've met a few of them. Crazy, but free is free.

Probably no "cheap" options anymore. I am sure they have all greatly increased prices due to increase in gas prices. :) Hmmm now theres an idea.

Gen Lee

You could probably get General Lee to pull you in some sort of little wagon. He is the most cost-effective jackass I know of......

Latest resources

Back