Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aewanabe

Somewhat Exasperated User
Some unemotional FACTS on the deal without the chest-pounding.

MANAGEMENT is offering jobs with the training contract attached. This has nothing to do with IBT.

The ONLY input our union has had so far was rejecting AAA ALPA's demand for USAir DOH for integration, as well as super-seniority within the future Repulic Airways system.

CHQ's payrates for the 170 are within 1-3 dollars of MDA's, and even better theirs for some longevities. Per diem is equal to or better (We step to 1.55 on 10/1 of this year).

401K match and min days off are BETTER here.

Undoubtedly, management support and infrastructure are better at MDA than at Republic.

Most of us at CHQ/RAH wish nothing but the best for the guys at MDA, but we're sick of people bashing the pilot group for Management's offer to the MDA pilot group. Come here or don't, the J4J protocol is in place, you know what it entails, and you have to make the best decision for your own situation. I'm not gonna be offended by that either way. Personally I think the training contract and double-occupancy hotel for guys already qualified in the airplane is crap, but I'm done apologizing for it.

Mr. Aewannabe, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul

This is getting old! Bottom line the pay rates on the E-Jets are fuking terrible, and its a race to the bottom!

WSurf said:
Mr. Aewannabe, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul

This is getting old! Bottom line the pay rates on the E-Jets are fuking terrible, and its a race to the bottom!

Do you think MDA had great pay rates for the E170? Or any other regional that flies the CRJ7 and CRJ9? You may not like it, but that is way it is at every regional airline right now. Face it, our contract is better. I hope and pray you fly the Dash for PDT and not Mesa. PDT is a good and respectable company with pretty good pay, but your pay could be better too. We're all trying here.

Yes, I work for PDT... Our pay could be better? It's hard to get better pay when you have a group of people that are showing there teeth wanting you to strike and go under just so they can pick up more routes and expand there fleet at the dimise of another airline.

Black, I agree with you! However you have to agree that we as pilots are our own worst enemy! Read the post about MDA and Republic, its just sad! Each one waiting to stick each other with a knife once someone turns there head! I agree with CHQ and with MDA both have points. But the bottom line is up holding our Proffesion! Alpa has long neglected these small Jets, and now it has started taking chunks out of everyones arse!!

Whats the answer? Hell I don't know! But when someone is a Captain on a 70 Jet and making only about 10 dollars more and hour (if that) then me (on a prop)... hmmmmm

Anyway I wish everyone luck, and try hard to protect our proffession..... right now we are heading towards the Grey Hound Status!!

WSurf said:
Yes, I work for PDT... Our pay could be better? It's hard to get better pay when you have a group of people that are showing there teeth wanting you to strike and go under just so they can pick up more routes and expand there fleet at the dimise of another airline.

Black, I agree with you! However you have to agree that we as pilots are our own worst enemy! Read the post about MDA and Republic, its just sad! Each one waiting to stick each other with a knife once someone turns there head! I agree with CHQ and with MDA both have points. But the bottom line is up holding our Proffesion! Alpa has long neglected these small Jets, and now it has started taking chunks out of everyones arse!!

Whats the answer? Hell I don't know! But when someone is a Captain on a 70 Jet and making only about 10 dollars more and hour (if that) then me (on a prop)... hmmmmm

Anyway I wish everyone luck, and try hard to protect our proffession..... right now we are heading towards the Grey Hound Status!!

Great Statment. I don't know how we can get the pay rates where they should be or at least headed in the right direction. It's going to be something that we as pilot must come together on and fix. But it will never happen if there are people way below everyone else. We need to have a mass Pilot meeting of all pilots groups and work this BS out.
I'm not going to beat up on any pilot group, even Mesa has a great pilot group and we all need jobs. I just hope the pay and QOL goes up for everone.

GOOD LUCK!

WSurf said:

Translation: BLAH BLAH BLAH DRIVEL DRIVEL DRIVEL.

By the way - props are for boats. Keep flying the roanoke shuttle and shut your whiney hole.

WSurf said:

Thanks for the Billy Madison refresher. No one's said the rates weren't terrible; just pointing out that MDA wasn't starting as a shining example of how to pay 70-seat drivers. Peace.

Stick Man said:
Translation: BLAH BLAH BLAH DRIVEL DRIVEL DRIVEL.

By the way - props are for boats. Keep flying the roanoke shuttle and shut your whiney hole.

Ahahaha! The difference between your jet and a Hoover? The position of the dirtbag. I feel sorry for the good folks at CHQ that have to put up with your Jeep-humping rants, moron.

I make-a more money on my prop, sugar teats! Haul your miserable carcass back to Indytucky, I gots mah beach house to run to.

Cya! BTW, how's that oil lookin, OPEC Cunningham?

Stickman, this kid makes more money driving a prop then you do in your shiney jet!!! You enjoy your plane, I'll enjoy my paycheck!!!

Who's your daddy Biooooooootch!!!! God I crack myself up!! Bye Bye

Latest resources

Back