Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dakotaHC8

Just curious...

I understand that at this time, those pilots on the CHQ senority list can opt to fly at either CHQ (Small ERJ's), or Republic. But once you go to Republic you cannot transition back to CHQ. Is that so>

And what is the case with the new hires brought into the ERJ-170, are they able to upgrade into a 145 over at CHQ, or are they locked into the 170?

What is the general experience/quals/time that the new hires have nowadays? Does it differ for those going into a 170 vs. a 145? How about those upgrading from the 145 into the 170 over at Republic>

What bases are there for the 170?

First officer pay scales are the same so first officers are seat locked. You are supposed to be able to go from 170 f/o to 145 captain, but since we've only had 170's for about 10 months, the situation has not arisen yet. I do not think we are allowed to go back to Chautauqua once you are a 170 captain because the 170 pays more. We have a two year seat lock though and since we have not had the 170's that long, that situation hasn't come up yet either. Right now looks like we might have our seniority list flying 170's for Shuttle and Republic and 145's for Chautauqua. It is a mess and no one knows what is going to happen. That is all I know.

dakotaHC8 said:
Just curious...

I understand that at this time, those pilots on the CHQ senority list can opt to fly at either CHQ (Small ERJ's), or Republic. But once you go to Republic you cannot transition back to CHQ. Is that so>

And what is the case with the new hires brought into the ERJ-170, are they able to upgrade into a 145 over at CHQ, or are they locked into the 170?

What is the general experience/quals/time that the new hires have nowadays? Does it differ for those going into a 170 vs. a 145? How about those upgrading from the 145 into the 170 over at Republic>

What bases are there for the 170?

Bases on the 170 so far are IND and effective June 1st, ORD. Dont know where the Delta base will be at this time. If US Air comes out of Bank, most likeyl be flying 170s for them...dont know where that base will be. Flying the 170s for united and very soon for Delta. ATP mins for the 170, lower mins for the 135/140/145 (dont know excatly what they were)

As far as your other questions....I have no freaking clue as of right now. If I knew, I'd be picking lottery numbers. Just have to wait and see

Latest resources

Back