Chautauqua negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HeavyDriver

What info is out there, if any, on the status of the pending negotiations?

If Ive offended anyone by using "their" avatar I apologize, but I had to have it.

Last edited:
Next round scheduled for late July. Strike will occur 30 days after release by NMB.

Count on the Town Crier, Brother Francis for up to the minute, blatantly biased updates on the CHQ/Republic goat rope.

Oh, sir, but you don't know our "Management Team" (tm).

Now that our strike vote has (SUPPOSEDLY) cost us a UAL codeshare (YEAH RIGHT! We never had one or we haven't lost it, take your pick) to TSA BB will come back and say something similar to this:

"Republic was created for J4J. However, because UAL does not want to do a codeshare with us at this time it is in the best interests of the holding company to place that flying with Republic."

They are going to spin their way out of this no matter what it takes. Mark my words you heard it here first.

Anyone who thinks we had a UAL deal (or had one and don't still have it "under the table")...I've got some Ocean Front Property in Arizona for you.

NMB

Am I right in understanding that Chautauqua can only strike if the NMB board releases them?(plus 30 day cooling off period) I thought I read about a pilot group that had been in talks for years and the NMB wouldn't release them. Mesaba maybe? Does any Chau pilot see this happening?
I am hopeful that Chautauqua holds the line in this slide of quality of living that is happening lately. Is there anything outside pilots can do to help (besides not applying to Republick?)
You have my support.

Ride the curl!

Anyone who thinks we had a UAL deal (or had one and don't still have it "under the table")...I've got some Ocean Front Property in Arizona for you.

C'mon now, don't knock the surf down here in AZ! Lake Pleasant has some gnarly tubes on it when panampilot and I are out there doing steep turns over it...

"Caution wake turbulence - departing Seminole"

Negotiations

"Republic was created for J4J. However, because UAL does not want to do a codeshare with us at this time it is in the best interests of the holding company to place that flying with Republic."

Question for Skull One:

How would it be in the best interest to place flying with Republic if UAL does not want to do a codeshare??? Please excuse my newbieness but could you explain what you mean.

The high points

Exerpts from Bedford's 7/10 letter to all CHQ employees:

1) Mesa continues to chalk up impressive new deals with UAL and US Airways and now Trans States is getting in with a new agreement with UAL.

2) ...we were within days of signing an MOU with UAL for this very aircraft order when the news of the strike vote was announced. That was enough to kill UAL’s enthusiasm for completing the agreement with Chautauqua.

3) The addition of 25 more RJ’s would have created 200 new pilot positions [100 captain upgrades], 100 new FA’s, 50 new Technician positions and 25 support staff positions, for a total of 375 new jobs.

4) This means a permanent loss of new jobs and upgrades for our people; besides the fact that handing TSA a gift of this nature will only make them a more difficult competitor down the road. It’s a bad outcome for Chautauqua both in the short and long term.

5) The airline also finds itself in an unanticipated staff overage due to the unexpected loss of financing on the next 3 US Airways RJ’s. Unfortunately we will be furloughing about 60 pilots over the next 2 months. Of course 3 aircraft does not equal 60 pilots, but we had been building our staff in anticipation of getting more flying.

6) ...we hope to position the airline to bring many of these furloughed employees back in October or November. However, it is highly unlikely we will be able to accomplish this as long as our labor situation remains unresolved. The loss of aircraft financing and the loss of new business were predictable repercussions of the strike vote; these are clearly “self-inflicted” wounds.

Re: The high points

Brother Francis said:
Exerpts from Bedford's 7/10 letter to all CHQ employees:

1) Mesa continues to chalk up impressive new deals with UAL and US Airways and now Trans States is getting in with a new agreement with UAL.

2) ...we were within days of signing an MOU with UAL for this very aircraft order when the news of the strike vote was announced. That was enough to kill UAL’s enthusiasm for completing the agreement with Chautauqua.

3) The addition of 25 more RJ’s would have created 200 new pilot positions [100 captain upgrades], 100 new FA’s, 50 new Technician positions and 25 support staff positions, for a total of 375 new jobs.

4) This means a permanent loss of new jobs and upgrades for our people; besides the fact that handing TSA a gift of this nature will only make them a more difficult competitor down the road. It’s a bad outcome for Chautauqua both in the short and long term.

5) The airline also finds itself in an unanticipated staff overage due to the unexpected loss of financing on the next 3 US Airways RJ’s. Unfortunately we will be furloughing about 60 pilots over the next 2 months. Of course 3 aircraft does not equal 60 pilots, but we had been building our staff in anticipation of getting more flying.

6) ...we hope to position the airline to bring many of these furloughed employees back in October or November. However, it is highly unlikely we will be able to accomplish this as long as our labor situation remains unresolved. The loss of aircraft financing and the loss of new business were predictable repercussions of the strike vote; these are clearly “self-inflicted” wounds.

My god this is perhaps some of the funniest outright koolaid I've ever seen and I don't even work for the company. I hope to god you CHQ guys keep the faith. You junior guys that are worried about furlough, please don't give into this BS. We need to hold the line in this falling profession. Flying a jet ain't worth being treated line a hoar. If only some of you other concessionary boys would believe that! ;)

Latest resources

Back