Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fsworld

Hello all,

I am set to start training at ASA June 20th. Now im having doubts that this is the right place! Any opinions? Also, what about cha? I guess my big thing is, do they require that 2 year contract? also what are things like there compared to the others? And, any final words on ASA?

Zach

Yes, at Chautauqua, you are required to sign a two year training contract. I believe the figure is $15,000. You can find pay information on AirlinePilotCentral, and if you look a little harder, can find actual copies of the contracts.

Know that if you come to CHQ all management cares about is saving money (on paper, save a dime, loose a dollar). CHQ just opened a crew base in ORD with no crew room, no company computers, and no parking passes, we are told to park in long term and send in an expense form which will take months of phone calls and E-mails to actually get reimbursed.

We have lots of bases to save hotel cost, which means crappy, non commutable schedules (o-dark hundred reports, after midnight finishes) even for the most senior. Never any favors or help with quality of life and an impotent union. GET OF FLYING!!!! The airline job is gone!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Boogie said:
Yowza! What a tie-down.

True, but where else would a typical CHQ new hire go in less than 2 years these days (unless they would want to make a lateral move for QOL)?

ALPO said:
Know that if you come to CHQ all management cares about is saving money (on paper, save a dime, loose a dollar). CHQ just opened a crew base in ORD with no crew room, no company computers, and no parking passes, we are told to park in long term and send in an expense form which will take months of phone calls and E-mails to actually get reimbursed.

We have lots of bases to save hotel cost, which means crappy, non commutable schedules (o-dark hundred reports, after midnight finishes) even for the most senior. Never any favors or help with quality of life and an impotent union. GET OF FLYING!!!! The airline job is gone!!!!!!!!!!!

Get out of the airlines and give someone your seat. Go work at Office Depot you brat.

Some people like the numerous bases. Very flexible and it can turn commuting from ONE base with thousands of pilots into a smaller base with as little as 30 pilots to 140 pilots much easier, and it might just be an hour's drive or less from home.

Also, believe it or not, I'm on the newer side of things and I've had sched help me out in dropping days at the last second for personal issues. It's a regional airline, and it's the 21st century folks. You get one life, be happy or move on.

T-Hawk

P.S. I have sat a grand total of 2 days on reserve since starting @ CHQ.

Plus if your hired today you'll automatically have 85 Shuttle America pilots below you as soon as we staple them to the bottom of our list.And their list too!

fsworld said:
Hello all,

I am set to start training at ASA June 20th. Now im having doubts that this is the right place! Any opinions? Also, what about cha? I guess my big thing is, do they require that 2 year contract? also what are things like there compared to the others? And, any final words on ASA?

Zach

If your profile is accurate as far as your flight time goes, I don't think you have to sign the training agreement. If memory serves, the training agreement is required for pilots with less than 2500 total time.

Fred Flamebait said:
Plus if your hired today you'll automatically have 85 Shuttle America pilots below you as soon as we staple them to the bottom of our list.And their list too!

In your dreams Fred Flamebait...How about SA just takes the 170's and leaves CHQ out of it...It seems to me that CHQ needs SA certificate more than SA needs CHQ pilots. Of course CHQ can keep the 170's and pay AA 1,000,000 a month go bankrupt and then Wexford start another airline and write off CHQ.

Latest resources

Back