chautauqua hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

eight8kcabpilot

Anyone recently interview and get hired at chautauqua/ republic/ shuttle? How long from the time you get a "you're hired" letter until you start class?

I interviewed with Republic this past Wedensday. I was told no hiring into classes, just interviewing for a hiring pool. I was told I'll know something in a week. I am afraid the hiring everywhere is going to slow down as all the explosive growth is coming to an end for a while.
JMHO

One of the reasons things have slowed down in the Republic Holdings family is because the company needs to get the remainder of the Saab pilots through 170 training. There is also an abundance of 145 pilots that also need to be trained on the 170. The 170sim is backlogged....

There will definitely be room for many more in the future. Rumor has it that They want a total of 2000 pilots by the end of 2006. As of now we have about 1400 between Republic. Shuttle & Chautauqua.. Not to mention with Jet Blue hiring like they are, I am sure there will be some sort of attrition with the 170 guys leaving to go there to fly a 190..

Have Patience things will open up..

Good luck to all who apply!!

Happy Holidays..

Jet Blue hiring like they are, I am sure there will be some sort of attrition with the 170 guys leaving to go there to fly a 190..

Happy Holidays..[/quote]

I was impressed with everything. Interviewers were nice and professional. I would hope it's a fast upgrade. I've been an FO long enough with my two jobs. I am looking to go somewhere where there's no stagnation for a long time.

I interviewed in Aug, with a few other friends. Got the letter/phone call that we're swimming in the pool. There were calls for a class, then it got CNXed and no one has heard anything new since then. I dunno...

Drill Sgt. Dad said:
Jet Blue hiring like they are, I am sure there will be some sort of attrition with the 170 guys leaving to go there to fly a 190..

Happy Holidays..

I was impressed with everything. Interviewers were nice and professional. I would hope it's a fast upgrade. I've been an FO long enough with my two jobs. I am looking to go somewhere where there's no stagnation for a long time.[/quote]

Independence air, what a great airline!!!!! It's a shame that things did not blossom for you guys. The flight crews made that airline!!! Great bunch of people!! My trusty ride to work. I am truly sorry things ended up the way they did!!

As far as upgrade times go, UMMMM Well Who knows.. The past year saw really fast upgrades for people with only 1 year with the company..Now I think things will slow down a little. Should we get another code share for the 170, then things will hopefully pick up again..

There are people who interviewed successfully in August and haven't been called yet for a class, and they've been interviewing continuously since then. I think it's less of a pool, more of a lake.

those of you swimming in the pool/lake, do you have the 170 minns? If not, does it make a difference if you do have those minns? i.e. will you get a class date faster if you do?

new memos out for capt. upgrade classes in both types, so look for new hire classes after the 1st of the year for both 145/170

Latest resources

Back