Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CFII

Birdman
From what I have read, Chautauqua is running classes that: just started, one on the 21st of April, one on the 18th of May, and then one a few days later. Just curious if anyone knows what the hiring plans are beyond that and if anyone knows of set class dates beyond the second one in May, which I believe is around the 23rd.

Also, this is an opinion question, but where do you see Chautauqua in a few years. Is the growth going to keep up? Again, just an honest opinion question.

Thanks for the input.

The growth will begin to slow over the next year, and probably stop once a major liquidates, or we stop taking new aircraft. About 20 more 170's (or more?) are confirmed to arrive starting in June. We have had good fortune for the past few years in terms of growth, but I believe that the regional hiring trend as whole will begin to slow in the next year.

I was there a couple days ago for an interview. Seems like they are done with classes for the 145 for a while. They are trying to get people in the 170 classes. have to have 1500tt 300mel to qualify.

call up miss cleo and ask her--its better advice than anyone on this board can give you.

case in point--my airline Air Whiskey one year ago today was hiring for 2--sometimes 3 classes a month, one year later they lose United--furloughs and entire route structure is going to be changed-and they are losing all Bac-Jets by next year...net loss of 17 airplanes....go figure.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back