Chautauqua and ASA Class acts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jmorgan

I am a furloughed Delta pilot and I would like to go on the record that both Chautauqua and ASA are class acts. I interviewed with ASA in January and was hired into their pilot pool. I also interviewed with Chautauqua last week and I have a class date of June 5th. Everyone at both companies have treated me extremly well and I would like to thank them for that. I am going to accept the Chautauqua offer because they upgrade in as little as two years and I can not wait until sometime next year for ASA to call me. Both of these companies did not require me to resign my seniority at Delta and for that I am eternally greatfully. I wish I could say the samething about Comair! Is it just me our does it seem like the Comair pilot group has become the radical, big headed group of the airline industry. I have heard that according to Comair's MEC that no Comair pilot wants to work for Delta in the future. To that I say good. It maybe 5-6 years before Delta is hiring again, However when that time comes, the airlines such as ASA and Chautauqua will be accepted with open arms. As for Comair, they will get their wish and can fly over sized business jets for the rest of their career. Now I can get off my soap box. I look forward to returning to the cockpit, it has been almost 10 mons. Chautauqua is going to be a great place for me to keep flying until Delta gets back on its feet.

Last edited:
Hold on, General Lee will be here in just a moment to continue the Comair bashing. This is what he lives for...hijacking any thread that mentions Comair. :D

Here we go again...

Is it just me our does it seem like the Comair pilot group has become the radical, big headed group of the airline industry

Oh, and for the record, we're not the ones pissing in your pool. We're actually helping the Delta system stay intact. You're welcome here any time. Ask any line pilot and they'll agree. Thank ASA and Chautauqua's management for making the decision to allow you to retain your golden number and please direct your anger at Comair's management for not allowing you to keep your seniority.

I know this is flame bait, so sue me for biting. I've never met a Delta pilot who wasn't professional and cordial, but the ones that pop up on this board...well, you're preaching to the choir.

I want to hear what folks from other airlines think about this? Try going to SkyWest, Mesa, AmericaWest, AirTran, JetBlue, or Southwest and whine about how you're entitled to keeping your number at mother Delta.

Have fun at Chautauqua ;-) How's that song go?..."Isn't it ironic...don't you think?"

Hello guys!! I was just browsing and happened upon my favorite subject.......No, I will try to keep it brief so guys like JBCRJCA don't slam me too.

JMORGAN,

I am glad you found some temporary employment with a nice company. I am sure you will like those ERJ-145's/ERJ-135's, and it is nice that they aren't REQUIRING you to give up your senority at the airline you WILL be going back to. I know it seems like things aren't moving at Delta, and a lot of us want you to come back soon. Eventually you will be back and in the mean time enjoy flying with a company that treats you right and respects your wishes to go back to Delta. They will be getting a well qualified pilot to fly with them I am sure. The ASA people have also been nice and understanding of this whole situation. It is nice to see at least two airlines that will not take advantage of this downturn and make you resign your number. So, is there a minimum amount of time you need to stay at Chitaqua? What are the upgrade times? I wish you luck and I want you to know that there are people out there that are trying to get you back eventually to Delta. As far as the Comair deal requiring you to give up your number, ----I just don't know anymore. I can go round and round with those guys and they just don't see my point of view. Common sense would say help people when they are down and don't expect concessions in return.

A quote from Positive rate:

"I want to hear what folks from other airlines think about this? Try going to SkyWest, Mesa, AmericaWest, AirTran, JetBlue, or Southwest and whine about how you're entitled to keeping your number at mother Delta."

--We don't own any of them and as far as Skywest not allowing it---they might have to change that when they allow the COEX pilots to fly their E-120's as FO's---so that policy may be history soon. ASA and Comair are owned by Delta, and Fred Reid (the Pres) said it would be ok as long as the respective managements allowed it---and ASA did. Comair has no excuse---except a "CRM" problem......What a joke.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: :p ;) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
get your facts correct

Jet Blue does not require you to give up your # to fly for them, just a two year no compete clause. If the Comair pilot group really wanted to help the Delta guys out I am sure that they could persuade management to change their policy. I worked for Comair for 5 years and I know that there are a lot of good people over there, I am just frustrated with the you got what you deserve attitude over there. I would say most of the pilots at Comair would have left for Delta just as I did. There are a lot of pilots at Comair that can not go to Delta (were not hired or not qualified, No College). Do not blame me for doing what it takes to advance my career. Lets face it, Comair is not a SouthWest or even an AirTran. No one in their right mind would give up their Delta # to go work for Comair. I do think that Comair is a good place to work and I know that their are some good guys flying for them. but get real.

Ok, so you worked for Comair for 5 years yet now you imply that being a Delta pilot makes you "too good" and somehow better than the rest of us trying to make it just like you. This whole thread is basically about blowing smoke up your own a$s and in return you're bashing the employer that helped you get to your blessed furloughed position in life. Ignorance apparently is bliss if you can't see how hypocritical your posted viewpoints are. Integrity...look it up.

No one in their right mind would give up their Delta # to go work for Comair.

I think it's funny that you're spineless enough to bash the Comair pilots who didn't leave like you...implying that they're not educated or qualified enough to make it like you. I flew with a guy the other day who has a Ph.D in Microbiology who is flying because he loves it and hasn't left because he enjoys his quality of life and doesn't want to become furlough fodder just to work for a major. Frankly, you need to get over yourself. You go run along and have fun getting paid a "minimal wage" to fly an ERJ at Chit Taco.

I just don't know. I understand Gen. Lee's point of view, but if this is the attitude we'd be hiring if our pilots convinced management to say yes to hiring delta furloughees...

Do not be so sensitive

I never said that all Comair pilots were not qualified to work for Delta. I feel sure that most are. I had forgotten how sensitive commuter, I mean REGIONAL pilots are about their position in the industry. So you think that I believe that I am better than you and then you make a comment that leads me to believe that you somehow feel better than your fellow Regional pilots at Chautauqua. This is really getting off base from what I had originally posted. All I really wanted to say is thanks to the airlines that sympathize with the position that furloughed pilots are facing. I have a lot of friends who are still at Comair and I do not wish to offend any of them. I have had several heated debates with these fellow pilots on this topic and we usally agree to disagree. That is fine. I love to fly, and that is why I am going to Chautauqua instead of persuing a more lucrative job. Chautauqua is in contract talks as we speak and I am sure that the pay will be going up in the near future. Either way I am thankful for the opportunity to fly again without having to give up my seniority at Delta. I am as much to blame as anyone, but we need to realize that we are all in this industry together and should help each other out. And by the way to the guy who asked about my class date, it is June 5th. Interview was on May 21st.

Last edited:
Agreed. We are all in this together, so let's just call a spade a spade and agree to disagree. This is obviously a heated topic ;-) In all seriousness, good luck at Chautauqua. That would be great if they're pay went up. There certainly has been a downward trend lately at the regionals.

jmorgan said:
Both of these companies did not require me to resign my seniority at Delta and for that I am eternally greatfully. I wish I could say the samething about Comair! Is it just me our does it seem like the Comair pilot group has become the radical, big headed group of the airline industry. I have heard that according to Comair's MEC that no Comair pilot wants to work for Delta in the future. To that I say good. It maybe 5-6 years before Delta is hiring again, However when that time comes, the airlines such as ASA and Chautauqua will be accepted with open arms. As for Comair, they will get their wish and can fly over sized business jets for the rest of their career.

Not to beat a dead horse, but not every pilot at Comair feels like that. I, along with several others, would love to take Delta guys on without them having to give up their number. I think it's the right thing to do and something that should be done right away. Unfortunately, I don't make that rule. I'm just a probationary pilot trying to keep my nose clean and make it through my first year. So, please don't make the mistake that all Comair pilots feel the same way.

Latest resources

Back