Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JB74

Quick question.

What areas would an aspiring instructor want to work in to expose himself to the greatest networking opportunities for corp/charter (FXE, Socal, NE, midwest)?

Reason I ask is I am starting on my comm/CFI stuff and have the ability to move wherever is needed. Currently live in FL, but willing to move just about anywhere that will afford me the most opportunities.

Luckily the wife is pretty "gung ho" on the whole thing.

Thanks in advance.

I would think Van Nuys CA, Denver Centennial, and Dallas Addison would be three good ones.

I understand what you are saying, but I am pretty much dedicated to my goal.

I just turned 30 a couple months ago and we are ready for our next step in life. I am kinda doing this backwards, got my degree from Riddle back in '98 and started flying after college (sounds retarded I know, but I was an airport management guy). So I have more invested than it would appear (back when Riddle was only $4k a semester). Just a couple more checkrides and, viola! I will take my place at the back of the line.

Kvny

Van Nuys airport (for those in business there) also go by the moniker, "Van Lies"

You'll figure it out!

Now can anybody tell that number for Truckmasters Driving School....

I had a fair amount of luck in Las Vegas finding SIC time. Everyone goes there, but most aren't based there. I agree with APA being a good place, but VNY there is just too much there, and most people won't give you the time of day.

APA opps

worked as a cfi for 3 years there. APA is the 2nd busiest GA airport in thwe country, mostly corporate types rollin through that jet center ramp. can def. make some contacts if your good at chit chat by the lounge TV. theres a flight school there called wings of denver, owned by flights inc, could give them a try, dont expect any multi time till you have 50 hours of seminole time. do rezsearch on opps. in denver before going, there isnt "alot" of work bu there are alot of pilots. if anyone disagrees with me let me know and why... good luck dave

Latest resources

Back