Charter operations benefits?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FR8mastr

Do charter operators usually have some kind of health benefits? I know it will vary I am just looking to see if most do, or do not offer these perks.

Medical Plan-Other benefits

FR8mastr said:
Do charter operators usually have some kind of health benefits? I know it will vary I am just looking to see if most do, or do not offer these perks.

The rich,well capitalised operators normally offer a medical plan for the pilot and his/her family plus a 401k,and possibly loss-of-license insurance policy(paid by the company),because they know that THIS IS WHAT IT TAKES TO ATTRACT and KEEP GOOD PILOTS!!!!( PFT contracts may also be offered).
QOL is normally good at these operators,so is the equippment flown!!
The poor operators offer NOTHING except maybe a PFT contract,bad equippment,NO QOL,and no maintenance.
It would be advisable to SHOP-around,ask a lot of QUESTIONS!!!!!

After 3 months with the 135 charter co I work for, I received family medical benefits which I contribute $400 a month. After 1 year I pay $200 a month. Company gives $65 a month reimbursements for cleaners, cell and internet. Northeast, citations, 40-60 hours a month of flying. Salary, on call, mostly day trips. Not a bad gig for now...

My last job was with a good 91/135 Mid-Atlantic firm who offered health/dental insurance for myself & family, short & long-term disability, paid vacations after one year, hard days off every month, 401K with a small company match, and health & dependent care savings accounts.

The previous posts say it all - the good operators offer good benefits to recruit & retain good employees. The bad ones don't because they are poorly financed or just don't care.

Sometimes I just don't understand why people put up with crappy operations just to be able to say they are paid to fly an airplane. Nothing against any of the posters above. Just wondering out loud mostly.

I pay $2 a month for my medical. $4 for vision and $3 for dental. I also get life insurance of 4x annual pay for $7 a month and 50K on the wife for $4. I have FSP and dependent care accounts and long term disability for $5.

We bill the company for whatever health insurance we get for ourselves and family. Makes no sense, it must be some sort of liability measure. They've also been promising a 401K for two years now and insist the plan hinges on the completion of our new hanger. Saw through that one. Just like the upgrade/downgrade/upgrade depending upon who I ask. Nevertheless I hang in there for the future G type, shame on me.

Latest resources

Back