Charter Operation using a Dornier Jet at IAD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

I flew into IAD a few days ago and I saw a Dornier Jet in a non-airline paint scheme (didn't catch the numbers). The FBO lady told me that it is used to shuttle Time Warner/AOL executives up to TEB and that it does weekend sports charters.

Anyone know much about this operation? I know a guy who formerly flew DoJets for ACA/Indy who might be interested if they are still hiring... He really enjoyed flying the DoJet.

Thanks for any details (more specifics about the types of trips flown, DoJet type required, hiring details) - looked like a nice (but slow) aircraft...

I think the name of the company is Avcraft (who was also trying to start building DoJets again) but I can't find anything on the internet on them.

I have a friend that used to work on the ACA DoJets, and now works in IAD for Indy. He was familar with whoever was running those shuttles, I'll send him an e-mail and see what he knows.

For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the charter company who runs them. It is not AvCraft; it's a company out of Ohio. They use a couple of different tail numbers on the charter op, and one of the ones that I remembered is registered to Ultimate Air Charter LLC in CAK (Akron, OH). The other is registered to a holding company in Garrettsville, OH. One of them is in IAD/TEB during the week, and on the weekends they go off and fly random charters.

ACA / Indy used to operate this shuttle service for AOL. However, they lost it. It was also run by Colgan and Mesa I beleive (someone operating an all white 1900). If you can keep the 328 airborne, it's a great ship for this mission. I think ACA / Indy's 328s are in Mertal Beach.

AZT

Colgan used to run it in Casper, the all-white Saab 340.

Dornier

We did a trip to GSP in conjunction with another group that arrived in the Dorneeya. I think the pilots told me that cruise at .66

The company is Ultimate Jet Charters, Mike Gasper is the chief pilot. Bartels has nothing to do with this operation anymore. They recently hired two guys for the IAD operation and have been transporting the crews back and forth from CAK to IAD in a Seneca. One pilot is a former Great Lakes captain and another is a US Airways furloughed 76 driver, not the easiest of operations to get into. As a former captain I can tell you that you are likely to have to start out in the turboprop fleet and work your way into the 328 and then have to agree to a training contract. They have multiple seating configurations for these aircraft and have flown everything from college sports teams to Kid Rock and everything in between.

Latest resources

Back