Charter Jobs on Long Island

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sky Pirate

Ok gents, here is some of the latest info from the hiring world. Summit Aviation out of KFRG is hiring pilots. My sources tell me that they are trying to fill positions for a Challenger 300 and a Falcon 2000 due to arrive in the next two months. They are also in need of pilots in the LR45 and Gulfstreams. Pay being offered is below NBAA, but everything is negoitable. PM me for more details.

They could be offering jobs on the space shuttle, but unless you want to be an indentured servant for your flying career with them, don't waste your time. They hold you to a contract on ANYTHING they consider training. The D.O. is a used car salesman and all of management is very sketchy. Nice planes though :rolleyes:

From a born and raised Long Islander, if your not from there you are not going to like it, it is that simple. Expensive, crowded, weather sucks, traffic that would make want to jump off a cliff, and did I mention expensive! However, goodluck!

I heard that for 135 summit is ok to work!

My friend works there and he likes it!

He has 10 days of a month and flies one of the best business jets in the world!

Yes generally speaking starting salaries could be higher ,but for an company where some pilots makes almost 200k it is not bad!

They are also now part of the bigger charter group with 4 other charter company's around the country! Jetdirect,Regal, Jetcorp and Spirit!

They are also getting more CL-30's, Falcons,G's and lear's!

So if you like fly a lot and be of 10 days a month go for it!

give me some of your drugs please.........................nearly 200k what r u kiddin me......................................... i say throw that bs flag on that one

coffeepilot said:
My friend works there and he likes it!

I wonder who your buddy is? Is he Dutch?

He has 10 days of a month and flies one of the best business jets in the world!

Yeah and the other 20 days he sits around in hotels waiting for the company to sell that return leg back to NY. Been there, done that BS

Yes generally speaking starting salaries could be higher ,but for an company where some pilots makes almost 200k it is not bad!

200K? NOBODY makes that. G-IV captains only make 95K and that's if they also fly another peice of equipment.

They are also now part of the bigger charter group with 4 other charter company's around the country! Jetdirect,Regal, Jetcorp and Spirit!

That is a true statement. However, you are still stuck with an awful contract

They are also getting more CL-30's, Falcons,G's and lear's!

Doesn't make up for having to work for the DO...

So if you like fly a lot and be of 10 days a month go for it!

Enjoy....

Also, all the problems with this job have nothing to do with its' location. I too have been born -n- raised on LI and I like living here. No doubt its' pricey, but if someone pays you an appropriate salary for the job you do and not what Summit trys to do to you, then it's doable.

sky pirate your friend may have the proper info. as far as company acquisitions but i would have thought he would have also told you he was asked not to make the names public by his boss.......

95K G-4 captain

95K for G-4 captain!

I personally know at least 3guys who makes way more than that at Summit!

Maybe they are better negotiator!

I heard that there is also G-4 F/O's who makes more than 95K!

ruhroa said:
sky pirate your friend may have the proper info. as far as company acquisitions but i would have thought he would have also told you he was asked not to make the names public by his boss.......

I don't know about that. All he told me was that they were hiring and the aircraft that they were getting. I didn't think this was top secret info.

Latest resources

Back