Chart case?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jknight8907

I'm looking for something to keep 1 chart, and E6B, a plotter, logbook, and a few sheets of paper in. Today I started off on a XC with my instructor, and on rotation my door popped open, resulting in my meticulous notes of courses, times, and frequencies literally going out the door. Bad deal.

Suggestions?

Yeah, I had looked some things like that. They even look too big, all I need is 1 chart and some loose stuff....

jknight8907 said:
I'm looking for something to keep 1 chart, and E6B, a plotter, logbook, and a few sheets of paper in. Today I started off on a XC with my instructor, and on rotation my door popped open, resulting in my meticulous notes of courses, times, and frequencies literally going out the door. Bad deal.

Suggestions?
Yea, I have been using one of those "tech" bags you buy at "office max" for over 7 years. It will hold four jepp binders and has pockets for other clerical things as well. It looks like one of those nylon computer shoulder bags and has held up pretty well.

I have one of those leather jepp cases, but it's too much for what I need.

I'm using NOS charts now and I have room for my headset, one knee board, 5 nos books of approach plates, all the VFR and IFR charts I need and an AFD. Plus I have my company 135 manual and Pilot Inforation Guide (it's a company thing). Plus, it has room for stuff like extra pens, payroll paperwork, passports and other documentation.

I picked up a slick little 'portfolio' thing that zipps shut, has a legal pad and a few slots on the other side, looks perfect.

thanks

Yeah, I thought about cleaning out an old peanut butter jar, but figured an examiner might try to eat my charts....

Latest resources

Back