• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Chart case?

jknight8907

Total Time
I'm looking for something to keep 1 chart, and E6B, a plotter, logbook, and a few sheets of paper in. Today I started off on a XC with my instructor, and on rotation my door popped open, resulting in my meticulous notes of courses, times, and frequencies literally going out the door. Bad deal.

Suggestions?

RedGuy

No Otto Pilot
Total Time
Some
Try some sort of small book bag, much cheaper than "Chart Bags" and do the same thing.

jknight8907

Total Time
Yeah, I had looked some things like that. They even look too big, all I need is 1 chart and some loose stuff....

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
jknight8907 said:
I'm looking for something to keep 1 chart, and E6B, a plotter, logbook, and a few sheets of paper in. Today I started off on a XC with my instructor, and on rotation my door popped open, resulting in my meticulous notes of courses, times, and frequencies literally going out the door. Bad deal.

Suggestions?
Yea, I have been using one of those "tech" bags you buy at "office max" for over 7 years. It will hold four jepp binders and has pockets for other clerical things as well. It looks like one of those nylon computer shoulder bags and has held up pretty well.

I have one of those leather jepp cases, but it's too much for what I need.

I'm using NOS charts now and I have room for my headset, one knee board, 5 nos books of approach plates, all the VFR and IFR charts I need and an AFD. Plus I have my company 135 manual and Pilot Inforation Guide (it's a company thing). Plus, it has room for stuff like extra pens, payroll paperwork, passports and other documentation.

RedGuy

No Otto Pilot
Total Time
Some
Or another thought would be simply one of those big approach plate clips.

jknight8907

Total Time
I picked up a slick little 'portfolio' thing that zipps shut, has a legal pad and a few slots on the other side, looks perfect.

thanks

jknight8907

Total Time
Yeah, I thought about cleaning out an old peanut butter jar, but figured an examiner might try to eat my charts....

jknight8907

Total Time
Chocks said:
Ditch the E6B....nobody uses them...
I wish, but alas I am but a student pilot. Gotta have one.