• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chart bag suggestions (CRJ)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The handle itself seems to pretty much be the "weak spot", and apparently why the one particular handle on mine has lasted so long- it must just be an uncommonly strong handle, as far as Office Depot chart case handles go. Everybody I know who has had one of these cases has either (eventually)replaced the handle, or just replaced the whole bag. Unfortunately, there's no way to put a new handle on the posts-and-bar arrangement without taking the screws out anyway; the screwed-in posts obviously won't turn with the bar in place. So, I figure while you have it apart, just go ahead and replace the handle with something better that won't break. Of course, If you can find a similarly shaped handle with proper dimensions that is sturdier, that'd work o.k. too. I thought about even going as far as milling myself a new one out of aluminum bar stock. (Yes, I'm a dork. A dork with a lot of tools, and apparently, time.) :D

Last edited:
SkiDawg said:
I am looking for a new chart bag. Something a little better than the Office Depot special, but not breaking the bank either. IF I could spend less than $100, that would be great.

I know this has been posted on here several times, but if I could get some useful responses, it would be appreciated! Thanks.

I went on EBAY and typed in "Catalog Case", and "pilot bag", and eventually bought a leather-type bag that I have had for 2 yrs. I paid $30 for it. At least check it out!

I'm very happy with mine.

Good luck

If your going to spend around $100 bucks, don’t be one of these guys that make regional airline pilot look like fools. Save up and spend a little more on a case that will last you the rest of your career. All those cheap ones, the handles bust in like 6 months to a year. Then you look like a dork with rope, or big bolts and nuts holding your handle onto your $30 office max bag. I think spending $300 once is better than spending $100 every year. But if you insist on spending less than $100 on a bag that will break in about a year, save some money and just get yourself a sponge bob square pants backpack. DORK!

I've got the bag from Crew Gear. The $200 hardcase leather one. I've had it a year and I've been really happy with it. Seems to be very tough and it still looks brand new.

Thanks for the helpful responses.....as for Flyingfool, you are pretty tough in cyberspace. I would love to meet you in the terminals and put my foot where the sun don't shine!

Check out the Stop Over Store in Minni, DTW, and Houston.

SkiDawg said:
I am looking for a new chart bag. Something a little better than the Office Depot special, but not breaking the bank either. IF I could spend less than $100, that would be great.

I know this has been posted on here several times, but if I could get some useful responses, it would be appreciated! Thanks.

SkiDawg said:
Thanks for the helpful responses.....as for Flyingfool, you are pretty tough in cyberspace. I would love to meet you in the terminals and put my foot where the sun don't shine!

ok tough guy.... good luck with your backpack..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back