• Watchers 9

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Apology accepted Snakum.

I didn't mean to sound negative about Charlotte. As I said, I had hoped to live there for the rest of my career and raise a family there. I was just implying that the fun quotient wasn't as high as some other places. I maintain that it is difficult to be accepted in the community as an outsider and that is something that a prospective resident should be aware of.

I almost said something about those NASCAR simulators at Concord Mills FlyChicaga. It really is a bit tougher than it looks, isn't it ?

Typhoonpilot

I maintain that it is difficult to be accepted in the community as an outsider and that is something that a prospective resident should be aware of.

Well ... not really. All you need is a taste for RC Cola and Moonpies, and everyone who's ever tried 'em knows we're talkin' God's own nectar. Then there's NASCAR, which is of course, an aquired taste. However, with due dilligence ya'll can git to like it alright. And of course you gotta go to SOME kind a' church on Sundays so ya'll can dress up, gossip, and eat fried chicken often.

We're a very friendly bunch if'n ya'll just try to fit in a little. The days of the 'Deliverance People' are long gone. Well ... except maybe in North Wilkesboro :D .

Minh

RC Cola was my favorite when I was growing up :) I like Moonpies as well, but coming down off the sugar high is too hard so I had to quit cold turkey ;)

Typhoonpilot

I wonder if the person writing the article posted in the Miami Herald realizes that Southwest serves only airport in the Carolinas; RDU. Charlotte flyers only wish that Southwest served CLT. CLT passengers have historically paid some of the country's highest air fares. Maybe with ATA in CLT, other discount carriers will make their way in and break US Airways monopoly.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back