• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Champion shutting down / being sold

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry to hear about Champion. Not too surprising. At least some of you guys got some 727 time - not that that is any consolation.

Good luck.

Working Stiff is in the loop. Although, the union's stance is that no sale can be done without a contract signed for the pilot group. Also keep in mind that this is the standard DOOM & GLOOM of management since the last negociation session has been completed. Champion will be seeing TONS of guys leaving now. This winter will be a total cluster.
Should be interesting when an NBA game gets cancelled because a team is stuck somewhere.
Where you off to Workin??

I've got a Beechjet instructor position callin' my name at FSI - TOL. Champion was nice while it lasted.

I'm going to miss the crews... I'm going to miss the airplane... I think that's about it.

I've got a Beechjet instructor position callin' my name at FSI - TOL. Champion was nice while it lasted.

I'm going to miss the crews... I'm going to miss the airplane... I think that's about it.

TOL FSI good place! You will be training us NJA guys from the 400XP.

Hey guys I interviewed back in June thought I had the job.Then I got the Dear Jon letter 5 weeks later.
Called up there back in October they said they would like to have me in the November class,waited another 4 weeks no letter gave a call told me they only went with MSP people.Pretty frustrating,here i am current and qualified as a SO on the 727.Still not giving up on them!!

Hey guys I interviewed back in June thought I had the job.Then I got the Dear Jon letter 5 weeks later.
Called up there back in October they said they would like to have me in the November class,waited another 4 weeks no letter gave a call told me they only went with MSP people.Pretty frustrating,here i am current and qualified as a SO on the 727.Still not giving up on them!!

I ask this in all sincerity: why in the world would you want to work for someone who's given you this runaround? I mean, if it was a six-figure-a-year job, that's one thing, but this is not, and almost everyone else is hiring. What gives?

Yes, you are right! It is time to cut bait and move on. I sent some more resumes out and already have some good prospects. I would love if they called me now so I could tell them to screw off!!

Latest resources

Back