• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Champion Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
part 121.....what? supplemental.... well thats just one word, i couldent make that much of a difference in their duty/rest times

part 121.....what? supplemental.... well thats just one word, i couldent make that much of a difference in their duty/rest times

Good one, there are NO international rest regs for supplemental

Grey Ghost, That has GOT TO BE the best signature line I have EVER seen!

there short a bunch of fe's right now. in feb they posted a reduction notice for flight crews (the ironic part is the notice called for 8 + new hires) 121 supp rules suck. 24 hour reserve up to 6 days in a row and don't think they won't work you in to your day off. heck they worked one guy the day after his quit date. mgt has NWA on speed dial so they are probably getting plenty of advise on how to negotiate a fair contract.

Yeah, things are not pretty right now... We're trying to hire like crazy... And it's not going to happen... So we'll lower our minimums to 1200TT and 400 multi... Oops... The regionals are hiring newbs with a quarter of the the TT and an 1/8th of the multi... Don't see the light at the end of the tunnel with this one...

I just left Champion about 3 weeks ago. You can fly great trips with 27hr overnights in Orlando, then you have trips when you are up literally ALL night. (sitting at the gate at 2am for your 6am DH home!)

Management SUCKS. (not any big surprise) The crews are cool, especially the DTW guys.

You DO and WILL get used into MANY of your days off. Scheduling will outright LIE to you every day to try to bully you into flying an illegal trip.

If you decide to go to Champion (They are in great need for f.e.'s), PLEASE get in touch with the union guys, they will save your life on the line! I can't say enough about the union guys in DTW....great guys to work with. If you go there you definately have to learn to fight for your rights to have a life outside work. If you are intimidated easily by scheduling, DONT work at Champion.

Latest resources

Back