Champion Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey WorkinStiff

-Where are you based DTW or MSP as a FE?
-Can new hires hold MSP (FE) out of training?
-I took it as explained earlier that you get $36/day perdiem plus $50/day instead of hotel if you are within 50miles of hotel for a total of $86 perday and I take it that is seven days a week during training, correct me if that is wrong?

Whataboutbob said:
Hey WorkinStiff

-Where are you based DTW or MSP as a FE?
-Can new hires hold MSP (FE) out of training?
-I took it as explained earlier that you get $36/day perdiem plus $50/day instead of hotel if you are within 50miles of hotel for a total of $86 perday and I take it that is seven days a week during training, correct me if that is wrong?

I'm based in DTW. Newhires in this last class, I'm told, were able to hold MSP right out of class. But due to the base closure effective in December, I'm not totally sure if that'll still be the case.

Nope. If you live outside of 50 NM, you only get $36 / day and a hotel room. If you live within 50 NM, you get $50 / day but no hotel room. Ground school is scheduled to be 6 on, one off.

Hi all - as previously posted I have a friend that interviewed and was offered a class at Champion. He'd really like the opportunity to talk to some current line or reserve guys about the REAL QOL. If interested, please PM me with contact info. He's a good guy, low key, and he's looking for the real info. Thanks.

BTW - for you interested in Champion. My friend tells me that during his interview he asked the DO what the plans were for new a/c and the DO replied that he was told new a/c were coming over two years ago. Hope this info helps.

Baja.

Also - the class they are interviewing for is Oct 13 or 15 I think and there are going to be +/- 20 FE's. Upgrade to F/O 1.5 to 2 years.

My guess is with all of the NWA recalls that there might be a rush of guys to bail Champion back to NWA. Who knows though. I know I'm going to bypass when my call comes.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back