• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Champion Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude - Yes I was at Mainline for a few years prior to 9/11. I was on the 727 and mostly did the charter trips. Great pay and sked as far as I was concerned. I live in SoCal and may trips started and ended in LAX.

I will be the first to say that I'm not in Mngt or am I privy to the things that Mngt knows but my understanding is that Anderson said he didn't want to be in the charter biz and therefore dumped the 727's. From what I READ from my fleet Mngr, our fleet (charter sided) was making more $$ than the 747 feet in its entirety.

So Anderson dumped the Charter flying and Champ picked it up. I do recall that one flight the Champ flew that WAS considered struck work and there were grievances filed and awarded. This practice stopped immediately.

As I stated in the above post - I agree it's not the Champ pilots that caused any problems, but they did end up flying NWA mainline's flying.

And for the record - if the charter flying was available to be taken back, I don't think there would be a NWA pilot that would reject it.

Baja.

Going2Baja said:
Say what you will Pig, but after doing a little reading about you I can see what YOU are all about. 10 yrs at GL - what's up with that?

You are truly paranoid and think you have everything figured out. This brings me to this, you are an ASSUMER. I happen to be a very well liked pilot/person and also, a very good aviator.

My guess is that you're probably an F/E at Champ and super stoked to be there.
You arent very educated in your guess and your guess is totally incorrect.

Let me guess - maybe even an IOE guy?
See the above response.

Probably some skeletons in your past
Once again you are wrong in your assumption. Not that I need to defend myself.

- maybe a little bitter to only fly for B grade carriers?
How is Champion Air a "Grade B" carriers? We are not a scheduled carrier.

Whatever guy - enjoy.
But I will stand by my post of Champ guys being close to scabs -
Oh really now, just hope your identity isnt found out after insulting many Professional Pilot at Champion Air.

your pilots didn't steal the flying, but there are furloughed NWA guys on the street because Champ is now flying what was NWA flying.
Identify that flying CCP has taken from NWA that has cause furloughs.

Also - there are plenty of Champs guys at NWA that speak and feel the same way I do.
Oh, do say...they belong with you...they whine with you after the engines shutdown.

Bottom line – enjoy what you do – move up your ladder and be happy.

Thank you for your well wishes.

Good luck!

Going2Baja said:
Dude - Yes I was at Mainline for a few years prior to 9/11. I was on the 727 and mostly did the charter trips. Great pay and sked as far as I was concerned. I live in SoCal and may trips started and ended in LAX.

I will be the first to say that I'm not in Mngt or am I privy to the things that Mngt knows but my understanding is that Anderson said he didn't want to be in the charter biz and therefore dumped the 727's. From what I READ from my fleet Mngr, our fleet (charter sided) was making more $$ than the 747 feet in its entirety.

So Anderson dumped the Charter flying and Champ picked it up. I do recall that one flight the Champ flew that WAS considered struck work and there were grievances filed and awarded. This practice stopped immediately.

As I stated in the above post - I agree it's not the Champ pilots that caused any problems, but they did end up flying NWA mainline's flying.

And for the record - if the charter flying was available to be taken back, I don't think there would be a NWA pilot that would reject it.

Baja.

Thank God they furloughed you!

piglet said:
Thank God they furloughed you!

What's that sound behind your Piglet???? That's the noise of the Karma train about to run your *** down!!!!

Baja Out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going2Baja said:
What's that sound behind your Piglet???? That's the noise of the Karma train about to run your *** down!!!!

Baja Out.

Actually that sound is you trying to pull your head out of your ***, and that smell? That's **** that is that spewing forth from your mouth!

You will see daylight, if you ever get you head out!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest resources

Back