• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Champion Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ditto, why do they want a FE written if youre hired as FO? no way I'm flying sideways and wasting two years of time I could have been getting jet time

All indications point that newbs' should be able to hold DTW as it's one of the junior bases... As far as the FE written... You won't be hired as an FO... I guess the contract prohibits it at this time... So rest easy, you will be flying the panel, from what I'm told atleast 6 months...

Going2Baja said:
They stole NWA's charter - Dick$

Baja.
I think you ought to keep your comments to yourself, until you have all the facts to make an educated and professional comments.

Your comment reflects the type of person you are!

Well, just got back from two interviews with other companies and found the application packet from Champion waiting for me....and I dont have a FE written....

what should I make of that?

Skaz said:
ditto, why do they want a FE written if youre hired as FO? no way I'm flying sideways and wasting two years of time I could have been getting jet time

No need to apply, then!

Skaz said:
Well, just got back from two interviews with other companies and found the application packet from Champion waiting for me....and I dont have a FE written....

what should I make of that?

Needed prior to ground school, you will be hired as a flight engineer/S/O.

piglet said:
I think you ought to keep your comments to yourself, until you have all the facts to make an educated and professional comments.

Your comment reflects the type of person you are!

Whatever Piggy.....You try having the flying you were doing that was making more money than any other part of the company including the 747-400's go somewhere else and not be bitter!! Our charter fleet was in demand and making huge $$$$

As for the kind of person I am - I'm the kind of person that gets pissed when horrible management gives (moves) flying from a profitable department to another company it owns. One would think the scope would have protected the NWA pilots on this. I'm also the kind of person that responds to lame replies directed at me.

Nuf' said.

Baja.

Going2Baja said:
Whatever Piggy.....

Your posting once again reflects on who you are. You use words that show that you have to "always" cop an attitude.

Secondly, you resort to "name calling."

You try having the flying you were doing that was making more money than any other part of the company including the 747-400's go somewhere else and not be bitter!! Our charter fleet was in demand and making huge $$$$
You need to educate yourself before you go around and tell half-truthes. If you are referring to the "track charters" with MLT, Funjet, Adventure Tours and ETC, these flights were previously done by outside companies such as ATA, Ryan Air and Sun Country. Now, most of this flying is done by Champion Air, which in return brings revenue into your parent company, rather then into another company with no association with NWA.

If, perhaps you are talking about the VIP/NBA flights that are now done by Champion Air, then again you have failed to research the history behind this. NWA was in the process of parking the B727s and the NBA wanted to continue the program in the same aircraft. Who is better suited to do this than Champion Air, or would you have rather had another outside company like Miami Air, Falcon Air, Delta Airlines, and ETC doing these flights??

As for the kind of person I am -
I understand, you are a selfish person who is the perfect type to be in management, one who doesn't think reasonable when you are "all kinds" of pissed off and only thinks of yourself. A perfect reason why UNIONS fail!

I'm the kind of person that gets pissed when horrible management gives (moves) flying from a profitable department to another company it owns.
Read above about why this has happened.

One would think the scope would have protected the NWA pilots on this.
Again, the reason why the unity of UNION s fail. I understand that "I" is in the middle of unIty and unIon, yet it has no place in the workings of the organization!!

I'm also the kind of person that responds to lame replies directed at me.
Ha...once again, you shine....

Nuf' said.

Say what you will Pig, but after doing a little reading about you I can see what YOU are all about. 10 yrs at GL - what's up with that? My guess is that you're probably an F/E at Champ and super stoked to be there. Let me guess - maybe even an IOE guy? Probably some skeletons in your past - maybe a little bitter to only fly for B grade carriers? Whatever guy - enjoy.

But I will stand by my post of Champ guys being close to scabs - your pilots didn't steal the flying, but there are furloughed NWA guys on the street because Champ is now flying what was NWA flying. Also - there are plenty of Champs guys at NWA that speak and feel the same way I do.

Bottom line – enjoy what you do – move up your ladder and be happy.

Good luck!

Baja.

Baja,

Do you even work for mainline?
If you do, you will remember when NWA bought MG. MG was already flying the NBA trips. The flying has been transferred back only because the NBA wants to stay with the 727. Its all money in the same pot (at least for the stockholders and upper managment). Your argument is very weak and you speak of things of which you are not, if at all, informed. As far as I am concerned, NWA can take back the NBA flying. The lifestyle and pay suck.

And to set the record straight. MG did one flight for NWA and it was agreed upon by both MECs

Latest resources

Back