• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Champion Air to cease opertations May 31st

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He is bragging...or happy in someone else's demise. To the General it makes his mighty delta that much more great and his position in the aviation world more sought after.

Have you tools read any of his last 8,000 messages? Oh wait, someone as dumb as 737plyt couldn't pick up on a clue even if it was stapled to his forehead.

Hey Max, if I wanted your opinion, I would have given it to you!
Save your breath son, you'll need it later for your inflatable date!

Gotta agree here...I don't think GL was bragging, just reporting. In fact, his post on the subject is how I found out about this earlier today.

As someone who flew many of the NW 727's that later went to Champion and did a great deal of the NBA charters at NWA (man, THOSE were some seriously fun trips), I am saddened at the news. Best of Luck to all.

Hi!

AND, yes, yes there is a Pilot Shortage.

Here in the US it's for entry-level pilots.

In Asia, it's for ALL pilots, from entry level, to 747-400 captains. I just went through the Asia hiring situation, and it's grimmer than ever for them.

About every 6 months, the terms for the contracts go up and up.

Of course, you have to move or commute to Asia for those jobs. It is fitting, I think, for an American to take a pilot job based in India. Turn about is fair play.

cliff
YIP

He is bragging...or happy in someone else's demise. To the General it makes his mighty delta that much more great and his position in the aviation world more sought after.

Have you tools read any of his last 8,000 messages? Oh wait, someone as dumb as 737plyt couldn't pick up on a clue even if it was stapled to his forehead.

Quit being such an a$$. Seriously - how disrespectful to the Champ pilots out there. I didn't note any malice in GL's posting of a news story. You're losing your edge Maverick.

Good luck to all the Champ pilots out there!

Hey Max, if I wanted your opinion, I would have given it to you!
Save your breath son, you'll need it later for your inflatable date!

Well if I want any lip from you I'll pull down your panties.

And I know GL's type he did have some gratification in doing this......like I said just read his self-serving delusional posts. IMHO

On a side note sorry for the Champ guys; I hear NWA may be doing some preferential hiring....I hope someone is helping them out.

I know this wouldn't be anyones dream job, but for what its worth, the FAA is hiring safety inspectors. Pay starts at around mid 60's (GS 12) depending on where you live. You move up to GS 13 within about a year (around $79K), again depending on where you live (locality pay changes throughout the country). You still fly a little, home every night, get a little retirement package, and no furloughs. If you get hired, please don't be a prick, we've seen enough of those over the years. I think you can apply on faa.gov
Good luck, been through this myself (twice), at least they gave you a few months notice. I feel bad for the Aloha guys too. Hold on tight everyone.

And, I don't know where that smiley face came from.
It came from the "colon" in 2:00PM.<----See what I mean? Not a webhead so I don't know why it does that. Trick is to check "Disable smilies in text" in the misc. options below the reply box.

Latest resources

Back