• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Champion Air to cease opertations May 31st

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It came from the "colon" in 2:00PM.<----See what I mean? Not a webhead so I don't know why it does that. Trick is to check "Disable smilies in text" in the misc. options below the reply box.

Correct! I was going to post the same.

GL committed no foul here; he was merely posting the news.

To all the Champion employees who lost their jobs - best of luck to ya. I know how that feels.

As someone who flew many of the NW 727's that later went to Champion and did a great deal of the NBA charters at NWA (man, THOSE were some seriously fun trips), I am saddened at the news. Best of Luck to all.

You are SOOOOO correct!!!!! I did the same my last year before furlough. It made me sad when the 72's went to Champion. Oh well. I really do enjoy seeing a 727 on any ramp. "Protect essential or else!!"

Baja.

Unfortunately, they're a front runner. I hope that they're able to pull through; they'd better hurry up and sell those 4 airframes. The market for used airliners is starting to get flooded.

The difference between this downturn and post-9/11 is that we're going to see companies skip chap 11 and go straight to 7 due to being unable to secure DIP (debtor in possession) financing.
It's going to get nasty in this business; best of luck to everyone. I figure that I'll be furloughed within the next year.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back