Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MarineGrunt

Will kill for peace.
Anyone know if they're hiring and what the mins are? Can't seem to find it listed anywhere.

Thanks.

I think its like 1500, it cant be any more than that. Me friend got hired there recently and he didnt have any more than that.

Any improvements at Champion? I did a search and the info is pretty old. I just recieved their FedEx package with application for interviewing for a June class. I checked over at airplinepilotpay.com for pay... its pretty low. I read that your contract was up May 05. Any progress with that? I have not taken my FE written. Are they hiring due to growth or because everyone is jumping ship? Im ex-Indy Air and was going to stay out of the biz for a while, but im starting to get "the shakes" and need to get back in the air. Any updated info on CA would be greatly appreciated... thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Any improvements at Champion? No improvements, managment is avoiding the bargining table and does not show up to negoiate, actually this is the same thing that happens if you try to enforce provisions in the current agreement. If it does not benefit managment and you don't do what you are told you get fired. The policy is fly now and grieve later. Later when you file a greivence they fight it tooth and nail.

Now lets discuss the pay, yes it is the lowest in the industry, but that is not the only problem, when you work overtime most of the time you are not paid for what you work, they have a payroll clerk that's sole job is to figure out ways not to pay you.

Also take a look at attrition out of all of the pilots hired post 9/11 around 24 pilots I think only 4 are left on the property the rest quit. The Chief pilot plays both sides of the fence and will try and wreck your career in order to get brownie points with management to advance his. Also the Chief Pilot takes bets with office personnel to see which planes will lose an engine. Do yourself a favor and stay far away

I read that your contract was up May 05. - The only way to get a fair contract at Champion is for a strike. The Basketball contract is up next year and the company is hoping the pilots are dumb enough to strike after the basketball contract is up so they can outsource all of the rest of the charter flights. Management will then try to starve the pilots out. The only thing that would hurt the company is a strike during basketball season.

Are they hiring due to growth or because everyone is jumping ship? - Hiring because everybody is jumping ship. If they had growth they would be in real trouble they can hardly get people to fill the slots when people quit. Most people quit before they have completed 14 months.

By the way I quit a few months back and went back to flying corprote. Tripled my pay when I left. And when you leave don't expect to get paid what you are owed. They decide what you are entilted to and you will wait months for your final check. And when you put in your notice don't expect to work out your last two weeks ethier.

The good thing about Champion air is that if you are desperate take the job till something better comes along because there is no training contract.
user_online.gif
n5374fView Public ProfileSend a private message to n5374fFind More Posts by n5374fAdd n5374f to Your Buddy List

Wife just called to let me know that I received a FedEx from Champion. D*mn, I applied almost a year ago. They must be desperate!

Desperate

I can tell you this when I was hired they interviewed over 150 people for 16 positions. If you were willing to work for $26000 per year you got hired. Of all the people that interviewd with me (8) 2 of us wanted the job the rest didn't, they all were way more qualified then the two of us. We got hired anyway. By the way the two of us quit within 15 months. My W2 showed that I earned $26000 last year and that included overtime pay (which is paid at straight time) I averaged 2 days a month over time. Just ask yourself where else can you get hired and spend 5 days on the road and receive only 4 hours pay. Plenty of times I did NBAA trips and was gone from home for 5 days and only was paid 4 hours of pay. But don't worry you have a guarentee of 65 hours so you will earn at leat $24,000 your first year, you can count on 10 days off per month and if you can hold a relief line and are willing to work overtime like I did you will bring hom $26000 per year. 135 Copilots at my current job make $45,000 per year and will be upgraded in less than a year. But if you want a worthless FE ticket take the job. By the way NetJets doesn't count FE time and neither does Fedex and UPS so ask yourself how marketable is 2 years on the panel. And then you won't be current and your scan will go out the window. The only difference between a duck and an FE is the duck flys.

Hold it right there. Wasn't Champion the airline that got in some hot water because the FO was in back judging a wet T-shirt contest performed by some 19 year old spring breakers... Yeah the pay isn't great but oh the benefits.

Yeah but boobies don't pay the bills..............unless you fly for Hooters!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back