Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skeezer

Yo
Ok, I know this is a longshot but here goes. I am pretty much fed-up with my airline and am thinking fairly seriously about moving on. Being a die-hard Champ Car fan I would be thrilled to be involved with the series in any way.

So...does anybody know if there are openings for pilots within the Champ Car organization or any of the teams? Ideally the job would allow me to actually be there for the entire race and I would be willing to take on other duties during the race weekend to stay involved with the race. If the job would require me to wait at the airport during the race I would pass. That's the reason I haven't pursued a job with a race team before. It would be pure torture for me to miss the race.

Chances of finding a job like that are slim I know, but I'll never find out if I don't ask.

Thanks in advance!

Skeezer

First of all, what makes you think Champ Car is going to survive. Second, I do not believe there are any teams or organization that allows their pilots to work during a race. These people want their crews fresh and ready to go. So good luck in finding a job with those type of requirements.

Bandit60 said:
First of all, what makes you think Champ Car is going to survive.

At least they can keep their tires together for a whole race. ;)

Bandit60 said:
First of all, what makes you think Champ Car is going to survive. Second, I do not believe there are any teams or organization that allows their pilots to work during a race. These people want their crews fresh and ready to go. So good luck in finding a job with those type of requirements.

First, Champ car will survive due to a very loyal core group of fans (myself included) in the US, and large fan appeal throughout the rest of the world (witness the very large crowds in Canada, Mexico, etc.). We will win this war.

Second, I know it's a loooooooooong shot. But hey, it doesn't hurt to ask. ;)

At least they can keep their tires together for a whole race. ;)

Hehe, that's because they are Bridgestones. :D

Peace!

Skeezer

Bandit60 said:
Second, I do not believe there are any teams or organization that allows their pilots to work during a race. These people want their crews fresh and ready to go. So good luck in finding a job with those type of requirements.

I know of at least one Race team that has a Pilot/crew member. So it is possible. Good luck with your search.

Latest resources

Back