Challenger payscale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnny taliban

What kind of payscale could I expect as an F/O on a Challenger 601? Primarily Part 91 job with a little charter on the side. Did a search, no luck.

Thanks,

Johnny

65K would be part 91 flying 20 hours a month with lots of off time and no charter and no weekends. Depending on what is expected in terms of a schedule, anything less than 75K (plus type) would be unacceptable. The worst the schedule gets, the more the $ should go up. You are always going to have someone trying to "do you a favor" by hiring you at 40K. Just hope they don't have to fly through some 80K WX. Good luck. By the way, is this job in the Dallas area?

There was a G200 job in vegas that was paying 80,000 for the FO and 100,000 for the line captain and 105,000 for the lead captain to start. Same size airplane

Stryker said:
There was a G200 job in vegas that was paying 80,000 for the FO and 100,000 for the line captain and 105,000 for the lead captain to start. Same size airplane
That's only slightly above NBAA average for the G100 (A LOT smaller than a Challenger but much sexier :)).

The new NBAA survey shows Heavy Jet (35,000lbs+) co-pilot at $72,000. That's average base pay and doesn't include any benefits, 401k's, bonuses, etc. Your total compensation needs to be much higher and will vary depending on your region. Also, "a little charter" usually turns into a crud-load of charter. Stick to your guns while negotiating.

BTW- The new AvCrew survey only shows one repondent for "CL601 Co-Pilot". He/She is making 90K.

Is it out of S. FL, I'm looking at a 601 job part 61, with no type, and there looking to pay $45-50K a year.

and here comes all the S. FL haters.

Is it out of S. FL, I'm looking at a 601 job part 61, with no type, and there looking to pay $45-50K a year.
I would be ashamed of myself (and you should be too) if I seriously entertained the idea of flying a 601 for 45K. When I first posted this thread I was guessing the payscale would be around 80K which was confirmed by everyone here. Do yourself and everyone in the industry a favor and turn that job DOWN.

good luck,
Johnny

Latest resources

Back