Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NYRANGERS

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a cost analysis on operating a 300 (other than the Bombardier site).

If anyone here flys the plane, any feed back would be appreciated. Things such as hourly operating cost, insurance, fuel, mx etc.

I know most of this info is subjective, but it will help a bunch. I know FlexJet operates the 300, I would love to hear what you think about the costs.

Thanks in advance,

NYR

Last edited:
Conklin de Decker has information in their ACE software.

However, since the "fleet" has not produced many hours to this point the majority of any costing information will be based on the manufacturer's numbers. CDD's numbers will be more accurate in a few thousand fleet hours.

We looked very seriously into purchasing a CL-300. If you can find someone who is willing to sell you their slot, you can make a real deal. Especially when you couple in the bonus depreciation. I think that the Conkin and DeDecker numbers a bit off in that all that they can go on is what the manufacter tells them. There is not a fleet out flying to give us real world info. Especially since the the airplanes are all under warranty. With that said, you should be able to operate the airplane (pending stable fuel prices) for about 1000.00/hr DOC.

I think it is going to be a GREAT airplane. It has one the nicest cockpits I have ever seen. We did not demo one because of timing, but I understand that it more quite than the 604. We did a couple of flights in the 604 and the boss did not like engine noise of the 604 when you compair it to the Falcon 2000.

Not having flown the 300 the only real negative that I could see was the galley. It was very small and had no room for a flight attendent to work (made a forward lav Falcon 50 look large). The airplane also did not have an approved jumpseat for T/O and landing.

Like I say, I think you cannot go wrong if you are buying an airplane on DOC and performance. How can you go wrong with 3000 nm, .80M, 8 pax at FL430 operating at $1000.00/hr? All this for less $18mil brand new ... with bonus depreciation.

Good luck.

Thanks for the responses. I guess there will be more numbers as the fleet hours grow. I'll keep looking.

Thanks again,

NYR

I know one of the TP's in the program. PM me and I'll see what I can find for you.

Have you had a demo or been to a static display?

Cl 300

Gulfstream's sales engineers did a competitive analysis and came up with a DOC of $1211.00 per hour.

GV

GV

GV,

Where ya been? Haven't heard from you in a while. Saw your comments on 3M. What do you know about the 300? I hear that it's a nice flying jet. My buddy that's a TP says it flys nothing like the 600 series.

Hog

Re: GV

hogdriver00 said:
GV,

Where ya been? Haven't heard from you in a while. Saw your comments on 3M. What do you know about the 300? I hear that it's a nice flying jet. My buddy that's a TP says it flys nothing like the 600 series.

Hog

Howdy, Amigo!

I've been trying to develop a life outside of aviation and to learn how to say the word "no." So far it hasn't worked.

I haven't flown the CL300 as I have the Global. The CL 300 has a new wing that looks pretty good (wings are my thing), that carries a wing loading of just under 74 lbs per sq. ft. You won't be sitting with a buffet chart in your lap trying to determine if you can climb and if so with how much margin. The Continental, oops, Cl 300 will always go directly to 41,000 feet which is decidely un- Challenger like.

It presents well, too; it has a good ramp presence. I remember the first Challenger I ever saw. It was sitting on the ramp at EDDW, Bremen Germany, emerging from the mists as the sun burned off the early morning fog. I thought it looked like a Falcon 20 that had failed tragically at Jenny Craig.

GV

G100driver said:
Those same guys will also try and sell you a G-200 ...

Actually not. It's the salesmen that will try to sell you a Galaxy. The sales engineers' job is analysis. They are the guys who will tell you that it costs $11.00 an hour more to fly the G200 than the Cl 300.

As a purist, I don't much care for the G200 either. It's more Challenger like than it is like a Gulfstream. It's rides on a gussied-up Astra wing and is subsequently under-winged and buffet limited.

Yakovlev was supposed to be IAI's partner in the joint development of the Galaxy and the Yak 48. As it turned out, Yakolev couldn't capitalize their part of the deal and backed out. The Yak 48 was cancelled and Israeli Aircraft Industries was left with a fat order book for the Galaxy, behind on development and no wing. They decided to expand the wing they owned- the Astra wing, and to skip physical prototyping. Bad idea. With no prototyping aircraft development was finished in the hands of customers. Initial reliability was down and Gulfstream profits dropped, though revenues did not, as the company tried to support and enhance the new jet.

For me the real Gulfstreams are the ones that are built like tanks, over-winged, and over-powered - the G1159's and the GIV/GV and their derivatives: the G300/G400/G450/G500/G550.

GV

Latest resources

Back