• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Challenger 300 Pay in So. Cal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would say between 100-120K. There is one operator in Orange County that pays its Captains 120K (91&135 Managed Operation)

What are you worth?

Why does $100k elicit surprise and awe? I know a guy who makes $125 in So Cal flying a Pilatus!

For all of you knuckle heads who "just love to fly" and continue to say moronic things like "I can't believe they pay me to do this" etc. You are in a race to the bottom of the salary survey.

Lets say your average biz jet holds 15,000lbs of fuel. So that’s about 2200gal of jet A at $3.75per for a full tank of $8,250. If it only gets topped off once a month that is $99,000 per year. Don't you think your skill is at least equal to a full tank of gas?

Sorry but you must be joking. I know FA's, and Mech's that make more than that!

Thanks dude - no joke. Payscales in Socal can be all over the board from what I hear. The guy I know there is a relatively new Captain. I have heard that G-Whiz pilots at some VNY operators earn less than $100K. You don't get what you deserve, you get what you NEGOTIATE..........

I know another CL300 pilot in the Northeast who earns closer to $200K for a Part 91 operation. There can be big regional differences.

Thanks for the responses.

Anyone know about the pay and bennies at Avjet in Burbank?

No Bennies for 90 days. On trips you are allowed $12 for Breakfast, $18 for lunch and $30 for dinner. Turn in all receipts at the end of a trip.
Pay is what you negotiate. Off the street guys will probably be put in one of the smaller jets they operate.

Latest resources

Back