Challenger 300 guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CLECA

Can anybody shed some light on the following subjects? Client is looking at a 300. Thanks

Max range at 75deg F with:
8 pax +baggage
6 pax +baggage
4 pax +baggage

Highest Temp at which you can fly nonstop from ASE – SEA with:
8 pax +baggage
6 pax +baggage
4 pax +baggage

Highest Temp at which you can fly nonstop from ASE – Dallas with:
8 pax +baggage
6 pax +baggage
4 pax +baggage

You can make Aspen to Dallas or Seattle at any temperature with any load. Once took 8 from Aspen to Boca (along with 23 meals they ordered!) with plenty to spare.

Figure 3000nm as a rough number for a 75 degree day. The difference between 4 and 8 passengers isn't going to change it significantly.

(I have 600+ hours in a 300 and never once saw the tanks filled. Longest flight was 6:15. We took off with 12,000, burned 9,000. Max capacity is 14,000 pounds.)

How about +9 deg and the wx is 1200/3.
Not knocking the plane but curious.

Don't worry, it can do it. It can do it on a 200 deg day with cargo cargo pods and the cfo strapped to the wings, take off with 14000# of fuel and land with 13949# after a 4-5 hour leg at 88000'.

The airplane's performance gnomes will simply join powers temporarily with the maintenance unicorns to provide the extra oomph if any is needed. Then once the oomph load is reduced it is automatically shed back to the maintenance unicorns which oversee the goodwill faeries which are in charge of generating rainbows and pixie dust that the engines emit at altitude in place of contrails. The only downside to this system is is that the pixie dust generators need to be serviced every 150 hours. But the tank for that is right by the place where the fwuffy wittle wabbits are stored so its a great time to get a cuddle in, anyhow. Totally worth it!

(sorry....I just couldn't help myself!)

Last edited:
Bombardier came out with a Service Bulletin for the Pixie Dust Generators (PDG's) They are "on condition" if you have Mod B. Rev 3 or later. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I currently fly the 300 and have been truly amazed by the performance of the a/c. As a former Hawker 800 and GIII guy, about the best way to put it for me is that it has nearly the range of a GIII with very similiar performance but only burns fuel like a Hawker 800. This plane is a true machine and it basically never breaks. Bombardier got it right with this one.

Now those were some awesome posts...pixie dust and all. As for the performance of the 300, if you like PM me and I can run you some flight plans, but as stated above it really does what is advertised. Things to keep in mind are it was never designed to do long haul overwater type stuff...Rice and GV will jump in and point out the single pack, no IRU's and such and they are dead on...if you're planning mainly domestic ops with an occasional overwater trip, it will fill the role well if not better than many. There is no denying Bombardier's substandard customer service, but luckily with the 300 you don't often have to deal with them based on it's reliability. (I can say that sitting in a hotel room in Cabo, if it breaks here...who cares, we got the sand and sun!) Most pilots favor one brand over another, I'd like to think that I'm still impartial...out of the handful of corporate aircraft I have had the oppotunity to fly, it really has exceeded my expectations.

Latest resources

Back