• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Chalks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This thread has finally gone from bad to worse.

You guys are posting stuff that doesn't mean anything.

The plane did spiral. Look closer.

FN FAL said:
think about it?

You're standing with your arms sticking straight out and on each arm, you have three cooters. You're balanced and stable, life is good and you're a happy guy.

So for the sake of argument, once again, you've got three cooters on each arm and the three cooters on your right arm jump off. What are you going to do to maintian your balance? Compensate, right?

When the wing left the plane, they did just like anyone else would do, they compensated for the roll by moving the yoke. I'd also bet that they used the rudder to help keep the plane under control as well.

In your question on spiriling, you'd have to assume that the pilots were left with absolutely no control what so ever over the aircraft.

If a plane rolls right, you naturally put in inputs to keep it from happening...a natural reaction for experienced pilots. Those inputs could include using the ailerons (or what's left of your ailerons), the rudder and reducing power on the operating engine.

Everything you just said is true. A private pilot understands that much. But if a wing comes off, along with the aileron cables on that side, would you still have use of the left aileron on a Mallard? Also it seems using your theory, if they could keep the wings level using aileron and rudder. why not use the elevator and land normally. Obviously they could not do that.

AK

Obviously!

AngelKing said:
...if they could keep the wings level using aileron and rudder. why not use the elevator and land normally. Obviously they could not do that.

Did you see the video? One wing *separated*. They spriraled out of control.

Give me a break. Why bother discussing the impossible?

mar said:
Did you see the video? One wing *separated*. They spriraled out of control.

Give me a break. Why bother discussing the impossible?

Why so hostile? relax. I did see a video, the video I saw did not show it spiraling. Maybe there are others out there.

AK

AngelKing said:
Everything you just said is true. A private pilot understands that much. But if a wing comes off, along with the aileron cables on that side, would you still have use of the left aileron on a Mallard? Also it seems using your theory, if they could keep the wings level using aileron and rudder. why not use the elevator and land normally. Obviously they could not do that.

AK
We can hypothesize that the crew had enough control and the composure to keep the plane from cartwheeling. Or, we can hypothesize that the crew was screaming and flailing their hands in the air just like the passengers and that the flight path of the aircraft was determined by other factors.

FN FAL said:
We can hypothesize that the crew had enough control and the composure to keep the plane from cartwheeling. Or, we can hypothesize that the crew was screaming and flailing their hands in the air just like the passengers and that the flight path of the aircraft was determined by other factors.

Don't let your buddy avbug catch you using the word "hypothesize" , we will never hear the end of it.:D

AK

AngelKing said:
Don't let your buddy avbug catch you using the word "hypothesize" , we will never hear the end of it.:D

AK
As long as our posts make grating sounds in his head, we have our Christmas present.

Short fuse

AngelKing said:
Why so hostile?

Hey friend, I'm not the one with a gun for an avatar.

Guess I've got a pretty short fuse when it comes to speculative masturbation. I suggest you look at the video a little closer. There's a lot of smoke but what's left of the airframe looks like a falling leaf.

Latest resources

Back