• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AngelKing said:
avbug said:
Oh, you could have let it go, brightspark,
Blah blah blah:puke:

As you can see, other people are tired of your mind-numbing, insult hurtling, rants as I am. It is amazing we have all lived as long as we have without your guidance and instruction. You are a legend....in your own mind.

AK

I actually enjoy AvBugs posts but the guy seems angry and talks down to many of his peers. Don't want him to go away, just ease off a little. I suspect that AvBug is a SLC local or at least a west of the Rockies guys and cannot help to think that with his web site persona he would be easy to recognize from 100 yards if you were in his presence.

Last edited:
Spooky 1 said:
AngelKing said:
avbug said:
Oh, you could have let it go, brightspark,

I actually enjoy AvBugs posts but the guy seems angry and talks down to many of his peers. Don't want him to go away, just ease off a little. I suspect that AvBug is a SLC local or at least a west of the Rockies guys and cannot help to think that with his we site persona he would be easy to recognize from 100 yards if you were in his presence.

One of his many problems is, in his mind, he has no "peers". In his little fantasy world, he is the end-all, be-all, the sheriff, judge, juror and sentencer.

starchkr said:
I'd fly it, and i'd also ride in it for a vacation. I am not going to put my life on hold or the enjoyment i would get from flying one of those for the "thought" that there "may be" another problem with one of the a/c. Like has been said (and god help me for siding with this) a tail fell off an Airbus...do we keep flying them?? Why?? It's what we do, we continue to fly a/c types even after accidents because the chance of it happening again is more remote than it happening the first time(usually). Those a/c (chalks mallards) are going to be gone over with a fine tooth comb in the next month or two, and yes they may find other flaws, but they will be fixed, and they will have more attention paid to them in the future...in my mind i would see this as a positive thing, and feel actually more safe and secure in them than before.

airplanes are like fine wines, they get better with age! Exact quote from an NTSB investigator on the AA 179 Crash investigation documentary the other night on TV. Its true...once a problem like that presents itself you better believe they will be very very careful observing and correcting problems with the same type of a/c (fuel tanks of 747s, Rudders on 737s, etc etc).

One of his many problems is, in his mind, he has no "peers". In his little fantasy world, he is the end-all, be-all, the sheriff, judge, juror and sentencer.

Oh, I have peers, mate. You're not among them, however. For some self-serving reason, that really burns you.

This could have died quietly and you could have left Christmas alone, but you just couldn't.

As for judgemental, it was I that called for all to refrain from judgement and speculation, and in no wise have I suggested execution. I was in the employ of a Sheriff's Office in a former lifetime, if that helps any.

I suppose I don't understand your logic. You wanted to know if respondants would fly on Chalks again, knowing what has occured. A number of us responded. You didn't like the response, and then challenged the qualifications to make the responses. Upon being given certain of the qualifications, you then responded not with intelligent conversation, but threats and multiple insults.

Now, having been censured in your efforts to threaten, you're resorting to a barrage of character assasination and more insults. Why on earth would you ask the question if you don't like the answer? More to the point, you challenged my qualifications to respond, to provide my opinion, and then became enraged upon learning that whadda ya know, I might just be qualified to respond. As are a number of others who have posted in this thread. Interesting, in a benign sort of way.

I don't live in SLC, and spend most of my time moving around where needed.

I've asserted on many occasions, for those who aren't so new posting here that they haven't followed along for the last eight or ten years or so, that aerial firefighting isn't dangerous, though statistics are what they are. It's a job, and the fact is that one does experience things there that one doesn't necessarily experience elsewhere, owing both to the environment and the equipment.

That's nothing to apologize for, nor for others to flip out over...it's just a fact of life. I am amused at the unwarranted replies and reactions that pop up here from time to time regarding fire suppression, emergencies, aging aircraft, and the issues related to each. Much like all the speculation that runs rampant by all the keyboard experts out there (engines exploding, etc)...it's utterly ridiculous and occasionally worthy of a mild smirk.

As for done it better than, faster than, longer than, more than...those are concepts of your own invention, not mine. I made no such assertions. On the one topic I did assert, that most likely few if any here can lay claim to having experienced personal losses due to inflight breakups (and with that personal experience, I'd still be willing to fly that fleet), I haven't heard any replies suggesting otherwise. Clearly you can't reply to that, because you only become angrier and make more threats and insults. Clearly intelligent conversation is not in your design, else you'd have given it a shot, already. I can certainly play this game all day if you like, if for no other reason than to listen to your blood pressure rise in the distance.

Try not to have a stroke. (not that we'd ever be able to tell, of course...)

AngelKing said:
Really not trying to start a flame here, just curious.

If you were a Chalks pilot now knowing there were fatigue cracks in the wing of the one that went down. Would you get back into one of those planes? If it was a corrosion problem, that can vary from plane to plane. But since it appears it was fatigue and knowing those planes are all operated in the same environment, same age etc, I don't think I would.

AK

The reason for the Chalk's crash is simple folks

Structural failure caused by carrying Bahamians back and forth through the years. It wasn't the salt water! That's it :laugh:

My eyes have finally been opened. Why have I not seen this before? It was right in front of me the whole time. The world that is...avbug. His teachings finally make sense, I can't believe it has taken so long. I am going to spend the rest of my life studying the teachings, the stylings if you will, of what is known as....avbug. I have a new being in my life to worship, it has finally all come together. I am tossing the bible, I am resigning from Masonry. I will spend my life remaining on earth persuing the teachings of....avbug. It has finally dawned on me what he has been trying to tell us all along. His word is final, the end of all discussions, the only viewpoint there should ever be. It is like I am "reborn". Please...avbug, I beg of you, when you make a new post, please send it to me first so I don't have to read anyone elses dribble. You are our light, our beacon, our savior. Whenver a situation, a question, a difficulty, arises in my life, my first thought will be, what would avbug say? what would avbug do? how would my new beacon handle this? I am bowing to your wisdom, to the halo above your head. I have found my new path to follow. The first testament of...avbug. I am just glad my eyes were opened before it was to late in my life to change. Thank you....avbug, my light, my saviour, my guide.
Hopefully the others on this board and in all walks of life will open their eyes to what I have discovered...the world of avbug

Let us pray

AK

Sorry avbug...I strayed from your path once again. I will work harder to remain on the straight and narrow.

AK

Last edited:
EMB170Pilot said:
The reason for the Chalk's crash is simple folks

Structural failure caused by carrying Bahamians back and forth through the years. It wasn't the salt water! That's it :laugh:
It's Bush's fault!

Avbug............I'm not angry at you or anyone else here. In your case at least, I'm just amused. Good day mate!

avbug said:
Oh, I have peers, mate. You're not among them, however. For some self-serving reason, that really burns you.

This could have died quietly and you could have left Christmas alone, but you just couldn't.

As for judgemental, it was I that called for all to refrain from judgement and speculation, and in no wise have I suggested execution. I was in the employ of a Sheriff's Office in a former lifetime, if that helps any.

I suppose I don't understand your logic. You wanted to know if respondants would fly on Chalks again, knowing what has occured. A number of us responded. You didn't like the response, and then challenged the qualifications to make the responses. Upon being given certain of the qualifications, you then responded not with intelligent conversation, but threats and multiple insults.

Now, having been censured in your efforts to threaten, you're resorting to a barrage of character assasination and more insults. Why on earth would you ask the question if you don't like the answer? More to the point, you challenged my qualifications to respond, to provide my opinion, and then became enraged upon learning that whadda ya know, I might just be qualified to respond. As are a number of others who have posted in this thread. Interesting, in a benign sort of way.

I don't live in SLC, and spend most of my time moving around where needed.

I've asserted on many occasions, for those who aren't so new posting here that they haven't followed along for the last eight or ten years or so, that aerial firefighting isn't dangerous, though statistics are what they are. It's a job, and the fact is that one does experience things there that one doesn't necessarily experience elsewhere, owing both to the environment and the equipment.

That's nothing to apologize for, nor for others to flip out over...it's just a fact of life. I am amused at the unwarranted replies and reactions that pop up here from time to time regarding fire suppression, emergencies, aging aircraft, and the issues related to each. Much like all the speculation that runs rampant by all the keyboard experts out there (engines exploding, etc)...it's utterly ridiculous and occasionally worthy of a mild smirk.

As for done it better than, faster than, longer than, more than...those are concepts of your own invention, not mine. I made no such assertions. On the one topic I did assert, that most likely few if any here can lay claim to having experienced personal losses due to inflight breakups (and with that personal experience, I'd still be willing to fly that fleet), I haven't heard any replies suggesting otherwise. Clearly you can't reply to that, because you only become angrier and make more threats and insults. Clearly intelligent conversation is not in your design, else you'd have given it a shot, already. I can certainly play this game all day if you like, if for no other reason than to listen to your blood pressure rise in the distance.

Try not to have a stroke. (not that we'd ever be able to tell, of course...)

I have a little time in the DH106 Comet. Does that count for inflight breakups?

Latest resources

Back