cfi's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rv4pilot

What did you use for a Syllabus for your CFI oral/check ride. I’ve seen a Jepp version, will that satisfy the FAA or do they want you to write your own?

Thanks

wrote my own, but "borrowed" info from many sources. I always heard they wanted you to do your own (in Houston). It worked for me. Call the FSDO and axe.

I used Jepp at the checkride.

It probably varies somewhat from examiner to examiner, but they are typically more interested in whether you know how to =use= the syllabus than whether you (a) disregarded the collective syllabus-creating wisdom acquired through the years by Sporty, King, Jepp, Cessna, Gleim and others just so that you could write your own or (b) know how to copy and paste.

Having said that, I actually use my own now. It's roughly based on the Cessna syllabus, with the primary change being formatting it in a way that allows me to enter dates when specific tasks were covered and logged — as a cross-check on whether we have "trained and logged" required tasks.

Comes in handy.

If you're interested, it's here (excuse the pop-ups; it's not my regular site)

http://midlifeflight.tripod.com/cfi_stuff/index.htm

Wrote my own for both private and commercial applicants. It's a great way to get yourself thinking about when & what should be taught to students during their training.

Mr. I.

Latest resources

Back