Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BoDEAN

Cabo Wabo Express
We currently have 5 CFI's at our FBO. Our boss will pay us for up to 10 hrs/week of office work to be there, and answer the phones while other CFI's are flying.
What was proposed was 2 five hour blocks a week that we need to mark ourselfs "unavailable" to students, so someone is always in the office between 8-6pm to man the phones. I am curious if anyone else does anything similar to this. My opinion is that it is not necessarily fair to the student or myself if I have to "ground" myself on hours students would normally want to fly.

We are having such a hard time getting a set schedule so someone is in the office to answer the phone. I am there 8-4pm usualy M-S, and on good days, the majority of that time I am flying with students.

doesn't sound so bad

Jump on that!

Especially that time slot between 12:00-2:00!
Have Lunch! most students like to fly later anyway.

Sounds like a crap shoot. You lock yourself down to those ten hours and,...BAM...calm winds and clear skies. Then your time is up and you got 500 overcast and a 15kt crosswind. At the school I'm at, everyone just answers the phone. We never really had a problem with it. Even if no CFI's are there the boss man and the business mgr are and they don't mind answering. The way our boss looks at it is, if all the CFI's are gone, then they're probably flying and making him money.

However, it would be nice to get some extra cash for picking up the phone.

dk

sounds OK to me!

I would pick Friday 8am-1pm and get paid for sitting off that thurs night hangover....

as far as weekends...no way...thats when you will be in the air all day!

Latest resources

Back