CFI's needed in Socal Area (KFUL)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BRIGADEAVIATOR

I'm just dropping a line that AFI at KFUL is looking for CFI's, a good portion of our staff has been hired by carriers, left aviation completely, or pursued other random aviation jobs. Having a CFII is preferred. Those who do apply i really hope you can pass a Private written exam, apparently a big portion of those who have so far applied couldn't even pass a private written!!! YIKES>

Just would I want to do, instruct students about five miles away from the Mickey Mouse TFR area. I would be one up-tight CFI.

LOL well i guess you won't be applying. Its only a problem if you are not talking to ATC, and you'd have to be blind to get in that one.

BRIGADEAVIATOR said:
LOL well i guess you won't be applying. Its only a problem if you are not talking to ATC, and you'd have to be blind to get in that one.
Must be lots of blind pilots in D.C.

lowtimedriver said:
Just would I want to do, instruct students about five miles away from the Mickey Mouse TFR area. I would be one up-tight CFI.

If one TFR scares you, then you've got a thing or two coming to ya here in Socal. Frankly, the LA area scares the hell out of me when it comes to flying VFR, and I'm a CFI/CFII/MEI. There is a lot of airspace out here to accidentally run into if you're not familiar with the area.

For those who are in the game, how is the job market these days for newly rated CFIs? Especially in socal?

(o) (o) said:
For those who are in the game, how is the job market these days for newly rated CFIs? Especially in socal?
I've been noticing lately that there seems to be a good deal of CFI hiring, especially now that the summer has started. The regionals are apparently snatching up people left and right, so more and more openings are popping up.

I'm not too terribly up to speed on the Socal scene (my CFI job starting in August is in AZ), but I know that other than AFI from this thread, Alliance International Aviation (AIA) at KCNO is looking around. I've heard whispers about Sunrise Aviation at KSNA hiring too, but that's secondhand information.

All in all, right now seems to be a decent time to get in the CFI game, but that could just be my locale.

Latest resources

Back