Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wrigley23

I got that goin' for me
I got the notice from the Feds that my CFI expires in March and that's a good thing because it had totally slipped my mind. I don't teach anymore but I'd like to keep it current. Anyone know of a cheap online way to renew? Thanks.

Try americanfliers.com. I haven't had to redo mine yet but I've heard others use this site. I believe its a one time fee, good forever.

Last edited:
either or

I renewed mine this time last year. One guy I worked with did the online thing and I did the FIRC. Aviation seminars offers a two day ground course. The guy who did it online found it to be a pain because it was very time consuming and had to read into it alot. The seminar was basically a safety seminar. It wasn't too bad, it just takes your whole weekend and runs around $150??? Either way you go it's a hassle, but well worth it. I deal with guys all the time who have let their's expire and I feel for them.

Thanks guys! I'd rather do the weekend seminar, but I always work weekends, so the only option seems to be the online thing. I'll look into Gleim. Thanks again.

Wrig

Pay the one-time fee with Americanflyers (I think it is .net). You just have to sit staring at a computer screen all day to finish everything up. But that is what we do when we aren't flying anyways, right?

Wrigley,

Look back at your sign-offs. An 80% pass rate with 5 (I think) sign-offs in the past 24 months gets it done in a short trip to the FSDO. And free is better than $100 any day, especially on FO pay. Just be sure to make an appiontment.

Latest resources

Back