Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FracCapt

Clown punchers, unite!
My CFI is due for renewal, and in the past I have always gone to the refresher courses - but this year I am going to have to do it online due to lack of free time when courses are available. Any recommendations on which service to use? I know there are several, and I'm leaning toward Jepp right now(just because I know the company well, but not the CFI renewal program). My CFI expires the end of June, so I will be doing this in the next week or two at the most. Thanks.

Do a search and you'll find this discussed previously.

I vote for Gleim. I had it knocked out in a day. Plus, you can save the lessons as PDF files for future (or concurrent) review.

I'd highly recommend the American Flyer's on line FIRC program. Lifetime renewal priviledges for $125. I've used mine twice now and it's not too bad and definately worth the price.

Lead Sled

Mine's up in June, too, and I was wondering about the AOPA online course. I've gotten all the postcards and my husband did the Gleim and liked it, but the AOPA one looks good, too. Has anybody done that one yet?

and I'm leaning toward Jepp right now(just because I know the company well, but not the CFI renewal program).

I highly suggest going the Jepp route, they probably have the best all around program and the accident/incident material is quite interesting in the way that it is presented throughout the lessons. I was quite impressed with how well they have the online renewal course set up. They really put some time into this program and I found it to be well worth the extra money versus doing it the other way. You have 24 months to look over, review, print, etc, if you renew with Jepp. . .

3 5 0

I signed up for the American Flyers course last night ( my time ). When I went to start this morning the website was unavailable. I waited and waited, checking back periodically throughout the day. In the meantime I tried the free first lesson on Gleim's course. It was easy to navigate and interactive enough to not be boring. I scored 100% on the quiz at the end. When AF's website came back on-line I went to their first lesson and after 55 minutes of reading extemely boring material; FARs, Fundamentals of Instruction, etc. I was ready for the quiz, or at least I thought so. I had to wait another 45 minutes until I was allowed to take the quiz and then when I did the quiz didn't correlate well with the written material, nor could you reference it without having to start the quiz all over again each time. I didn't do well on the quiz so now I'm asking AF for my money back and I just purchased the Gleim course.

TP

I did the AOPA course and thought it was pretty good. I guess the lifetime renewal would be nice but the AOPA course did have a lot of good info. The materials were interesting and the quizes easy if you actually read the material. I just got my permanent certificate (119 days later, thanks FAA) and would do it this way again

Latest resources

Back