Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mattpilot

Finally! Graphical TFRs!!
CFI cert is about to expire in 2 months and i was looking to renew it while i'm stuck in europe. I've only ever renewed on the basis of my pass rate, so i'm not familiar with the (online) refresher course. I also haven't actively flown in a while and am not in the position to finance any flights atm either, but i'd like to retain the certificate for when things pick up for me again - no reason to let it go to 'waste'.

So - how does the online refresher work? Can i even do it while in europe? Do i need to have a minimum amount of flight hours in the last x days or even do a 'flight check' or something like that along with the refresher course?

Any online courses you guys would recommend for a euro?

Thanks for the help

CFI Renewal

CFI cert is about to expire in 2 months and i was looking to renew it while i'm stuck in europe. I've only ever renewed on the basis of my pass rate, so i'm not familiar with the (online) refresher course. I also haven't actively flown in a while and am not in the position to finance any flights atm either, but i'd like to retain the certificate for when things pick up for me again - no reason to let it go to 'waste'.

So - how does the online refresher work? Can i even do it while in europe? Do i need to have a minimum amount of flight hours in the last x days or even do a 'flight check' or something like that along with the refresher course?

Any online courses you guys would recommend for a euro?

Thanks for the help

I have seen numerous favorable posts on the Gleim online renewal program. It seems to be the favorite method for guys in your situation.

I checked it out but I have not used it because I renew with my airlines APM. It looks pretty good. You can do a trial lesson.

www.gleim.com

www.americanflyers.net You pay a one time fee and renew for life. I think it might be around 125.00 USD. Now, for a small additional fee they will file the paperwork for you since you probably don't have a FSDO near you. I forget what it is but it's cheap. Take your test results and ID to a US Consulate (if your a US citizen) and have your signature on the completion form notorized.
Some don't like this program cause you have to sit through 16 hours. Well you can break it up into study blocks of 3 hours a day or whatever you want. Renewing for life free was the kicker for me and I have been using this program since 2002. No complaints.
Cheers- Rum

Recently used the AOPA-Air Safety Foundation-Jeppesen version of online FIRC, I thought it was good. Lots of options, as mentioned above, but, be sure whichever you choose can cover the paperwork part for you. The AOPA course (as do others, I'm sure) only needs a notarized page by mail, along with some other forms (8710, etc.) and everything's handled. IIRC, some of the courses require a trip to a FSDO after completion, might be hard to do from Europe!

Latest resources

Back