CFI reactivation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Perry825

Can any one help with sources of on line re-activation of an old CFI cert?
Also any other sources of on line ATP test prep cources.

If your CFI certificate has expired, you will have to take the checkride all over again.

If it is going to expire, you can go to www.gleim.com and they have an on-line renewal course.

It's not actually the WHOLE checkride. I've done it with a fed, and it wasn't that bad. You can also add a rating onto your CFI, and that reinstates the old ones for you. This can be done with a DE. Good luck.

Skydiverdriver,

Let me see if I understand. My CFII just expired. If I go and get my MEI which I never got, it will re-activate my CFI-CFII.
Thanks in advance.

AAflyer

Correct. Go and get an MEI, and all of your original CFI ratings will be reinstated. We did a bunch of them when I was an instructor, and it's a great way to do it since you get something new in the process. Good luck to you.

Skydiverdriver,

Thanks, I had been an instructor on the 727, and had a friend in the FSDO in ROC NY, but no longer, it was due to expire Jan,2002. Unfortunately going through a divorce and moving, and recurrent etc it slipped right by.

Where did you teach, would you recommend going there.

Thanks,

AAflyer

That's exactly how it works.

I have a friend who is a glider instructor. I've talked to him about getting my Commercial glider and CFI-G. Then, I'll have a current BFR, from the Commercial glider ride (pilot proficiency check), and my CFI back.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back