CFI Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buckeyeflyer

I am doing some research and I was looking for some information. With regional airline minimums dropping over the last year, making flight instructors more and more scarce, what is an average pay rate for a flight instructor right now. Any information regarding pay and benefits that you guys have would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any links those would be helpful too. Thanks in advance!

I've been getting offers in the mail saying $40K, $45-50, $50-56 with all benefits. But the local flight school is still only $17/hour with no benefits (and thus their instructors are worked really hard, which is the main reason I don't apply).

Best offer I think was from IFTA in Bakersfield, CA, with short work days, only 5 days a week, paid vacation, airline travel, 401k, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, with no deduction in pay. That compares to 4-5 years into regional hell.

WMU is 17 an hour for the first 200 billable, ground or flight. 23 an hour up to 700 billable, and 29 an hour after that. No bonus for multi drivers.
Benefits include
Medical insurance, not great but OK
2 weeks paid vacation
sick pay
Campus parking pass
Free tuition
After 18 months you can get the seaplane rating for free
After 1 year (I think) free jet course
And if you get your MEI there while instructing they will pay fo the cost of it up to 2000$ if you sign a contract to stay for a year as an MEI.

Latest resources

Back