Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

paid4training

Missing my family
Anyone know anything about it...hours a week, etc.? Is it a good environment to work? How's the chief pilot etc? thanks in advance. Oh yea how's living arizona?

I can tell you all about living in the Phoenix area. Now if you'll like it or not depends on where you currently live. It was 90 out here today and its November. I don't know how you could instruct here in the summer (late may to early september) unless their airplanes have airconditioning. I keep my golf clubs in the trunk of my car year round. I would plan on living close to the airport so you don't have to deal with traffic, should be able to find some places to rent for under $450 per month. Any other questions PM me, Good Luck

About three years ago I stayed in Phoenix and rented a room in a house with 3 Pan Am flight instructors. I can't speak for the operation as a whole, but all these guys were former Pan Am students and now MEII's, and each had one student that they flew with a couple times a week. To make ends meet, which included making payments on their $80,000 Key Bank flight training loans, they all delivered pizzas at night. Meanwhile, I had 800 hours total time and was flying jumpers in a Caravan to make payments on my $20,000 worth of flight training loans. Don't know if this is how it always is or if it was just slow at the time. Also not saying I had it better than them, just a whole different ball game than where I came from. Cool bars in Tempe, too.

Latest resources

Back