Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CFI openings in the San Bernardino area?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cougar6903

Anyone know what the CFI situation is in the San Bernardino area of CA? I'm from CT but am looking to relocate there.What are the chances I could find a Mon-Fri CFI job with weekends available for another Job?

Might be a little tough. Try some outlying areas. There are some flight schools at Brackett Field in La Verne. You might try Riverside as well (ALL ATPS). There's nothing at Ontario. Chino might have a flight school, not sure. San Bernardino itself does not have a flight school that I am aware of, but Rialto might. Try going on www.landings.com or www.airnav.com to find the names of schools at these airports. Good luck!

Actually, someone has been advertising in Trade a Plane for a CFI at French Valley (F70). If you are brave you might try Ray's Flying Club at Fullerton (FUL). If you are very brave, you might see if Air Desert Pacific at (POC) is hiring. Runway 3-7 at POC and RIR used to frequently advertise for CFI's when no one else was hiring.

Good Luck

I think Rialto, Ca has a nice little GA airport. You might wanna search on airnav for specifics and phone numbers though.

Hello,

I fly out of Cable Airport (CCB) in Upland (20 miles west of San Bernardino), and CableAir is always looking for instructors. It's sister school is Runway 37 at Brackett (POC). Art Schall Flight School at Rialto (L67) might also be a possibility. Finally, Air Desert Pacific (www.adp-flight.com) at Brackett is always hiring instructors with a MEI. The good? Lots of flight time, including multi-engine. The bad? Reported horrible maintenance along with a few fatal accidents. So Cal is really a great place to fly. Lots of airspace and great weather. Good luck. Rick

hehe ADP?

ADP has had more than a few fatal accidents, They have 9. One more and the schools gonna be a double-ace.

The other day one of their guys landed a Senaca at Rialto with the gear up. Then they sat in their plane for a couple minutes(after sliding 2000ft down the runway). I saw it with my own eyes. Several people and two helicopters(one was a Sherriff chopper) were there to help in seconds and they just sat there. The craziest part is the guy was TAKING A CHECKRIDE!

ADP=Another Dead Pilot

Try Blues Aviation if you want to work at SB airport. Art Scholl in Rialto has a great reputation too.

Nooky, out of these 9 fatal accidents how many were due to mechanical failure vs. pilot error. I haven't been around in three years or so but only know of one related to mechanical failure. I know of 4 others due to pilot error. Don't know about the other four you refer to. I flew out of Brackett for nearly ten years and instructed at ADP for a little over a year. Granted ADP may not be perfect, for instructors it's probably the best place to work in the area for building experience and time. Most of the instructors while I worked there flew 80-100 hours a month with plenty of multi students. It wasn't uncommon to have 300-500 hours of multi within a year.

Back to Cougar 6903s question, ADP may be flexible enough to let you have weekends off. When I worked there you basically could set your own schedule (within reason). You only get payed when you work, and only need to be there when you have students scheduled. No siting at the desk waiting for someone to walk in, etc. That being said the instructors who flew the most were the ones that showed up at 8:00 and sat on the couch for the unexpected assignment even if they didn't have something scheduled. Most of the students come from outside the local area for one of the packages and want to fly a lot in a short amount of time. An example would be someone showing up on Monday morning to start a CMEL or MEI and flying 10 hours or so with a checkride Wednesday afternoon. This kind of stuff would be placed on your schedule usually a week or more out.

As far as the accident rate, ADP had/has? nearly 40 aircraft that are flying almost continously. The school probably logs more hours in a day than most do in a week, or even a month. (This is one of the reasons there aren't to many locals renting there. It can be impossible to get an aircraft if you haven't scheduled it far in advance. ) I would imagine the accident rate/hours flown is pretty typical versus most schools.

Do a search on this site for ADP for additional info as this has been discussed before.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back