Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CFI needed - Vermont - housing included, brand new CFIs fine!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Andrew_VT

So I'm leaving my job instructing up here as soon as I'm done with college this spring. The guy that runs the FBO is pretty desperate for an instructor, there are a bunch of students lined up.

This would be a great summer job. He has housing available in the form of trailers right on the airport. These are the trailer park kinda trailers, not the "RV" kind. Not a bad setup, plenty of space and privacy. There are 3 planes that we give instruction in, most popular is the cherokee 140, then a tie between the Cessna 150 (alot of scenics in the summer), and a Piper Arrow that is popular with commercial students (there are 2 lined up) and recent private pilots that want to travel and take an instructor with them for safety.

Now...this is not a pilot mill. This is a rural part 61 operation. In my two years here I have never taught a kid that wants to fly shiny jets. Almost every student is older and just wants to learn so they can buy their own plane later and travel. The two students I've taught that are my age (21...19 when I started) both just wanted to possess another life-skill. It's a very refreshing environment. Looking in my logbook I averaged 80-90 hours a month during the busy summer months. As a fresh new CFI in this environment I was able to mature my flying and my personality. It's very laid back, and if you are coming from a part 141 situation you will be amazed and relieved at the flexibility you are given with students. I've definitely developed my own style of teaching that doesn't exist in any syllabus out there (common sense/ face time/ and open communication...no way!).

Newport Vermont (KEFK) is an awesome place to spend a summer, especially if you are into the outdoors. I don't know what the pay situation is, that will have to be discussed/negotiated with the FBO owner on the phone. His name is Dan Gauvin (of Lakeview Aviation) and the phone number at the airport is (802)-334-5001.

If you have any questions about this opportunity feel free to PM me.

Latest resources

Back