CFI Maneuvers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

John Hewlett

My question pertains to the maneuvers that are on the CFI Practical test, the checkride. Specifically spins.

I have heard a couple of things. I heard that you have to do spins on the ride itself and roll out on a specific heading?

I have also heard that Spins on the checkride are not required. A log book endorsment stating that you have done spins is satisfactory?

Well?????? I am curious here.

Thanks,
J.

Spins do not have to be demonstarted on a CFI checkride UNLESS the examiner feels the applicant is deficient in the knowledge areas relevant to spins. In this case, the applicant must provide an airplane approved for spins and demonstate them to the examiner.

Most examiners won't have you demostrate Spins but they may sure talkj about it on the orals. It does not go without saying you need to be able to demontrate them if asked to. Coming out on a specified heading I have never heard about that.

Spins

I never had a CFI applicant demonstrate spins on a checkride. But, yes, without fail, be prepared to discuss spins during your oral, as part of your stall presentation.

The "rolling out on a heading" thing sounds like something that was required during the '30s or something.

Latest resources

Back