CFI Jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

huskerfan

Hey all, I am about to get my CFI and CFII in about 2 weeks. I have no leads for any jobs yet. I was wondering if any fo you could recommend some good places that are solid employers who you could build some solid time with. I am totally willing to relocate anywhere in the US. Thanks

Here in Arizona, the market is pretty saturated. It's a great place to instruct, but it might be difficult to find a job. I imagine it's not much better around the country just because there isn't much movement in the industry. It used to be pretty easy to get a job because airlines were eating up instructors at a quick clip.

Wish I could give you better info, but start sending a lot of resumes out. You'll find a lot of stuff in AZ, CA, and FL. Weather is great for instructing.

What about the place where you are getting your ratings?

Hey HuskerFan: You said anywhere, right?

The University of Oklahoma's aviation dept. is hiring CFI's as far as I know. I live in Norman, and it sure was fun watching OU beat up on your guys 2 years ago. I won't mention what happened last year....

Anyway, congrats on getting your CFI. Check out their web site at www.ou.edu
I think the job is still there. Good luck.

I'm lookin' too, not real luck though

I got a "CFI's wanted" thing from Daniel Webster College not too long ago.

Here in Minneapolis there's not much available.

I know that Daniel Webster College only hires a few times a year to fill empty spots, at least thats what I understand.

Also keep looking, if you are driving by an airport go to the Local FBO and ask about it. Thats how I got my current job as a CFI. I didnt have a job when I got out of school just after Sept 11 and got in the car and drove to the next town.... sure enough they REALLY needed a CFI and I was hired on the spot. Now granted I am not getting a whole bunch of hours, but I am flying. Now I can go to other schools that have min's to even get the resume in the door and have a good chance of getting a better job....

Best of Luck......

jobs

Hey husker,
Do you currently live in the great state of nebraska. I've been teaching in the omaha area for just over a year. A few of the local cfi's have recently obtained other jobs. There might be oppurtunities in the future. PM me if your interested.

supsup

Latest resources

Back